Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Classified Advertisements > Archive of For Sale Forum

Archive of For Sale Forum Old Common For Sale Forum (Temporary)

Old 10-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Banned

edited out

Last edited by Supercycleshop; 10-23-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercycleshop View Post
they started at 999.99 but clearly state 10% off if bought through this forum which would have been 900 and that is shipped.. at least make sure your facts are 100% before trying talk trash
the first time i saw them was on ebay, before you put a link in here about them.. i have 2 gassers, one with those forks, one without... i would love to have another set, so i watch for them all the time on ebay.. and on here.

there was another set of them and the clamps last month separate... not sure what they brought either..

i guess i missed the 10% off part.... sorry for that...
Old 10-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendr3702 View Post
the first time i saw them was on ebay, before you put a link in here about them.. i have 2 gassers, one with those forks, one without... i would love to have another set, so i watch for them all the time on ebay.. and on here.

there was another set of them and the clamps last month separate... not sure what they brought either..

i guess i missed the 10% off part.... sorry for that...
I had a set of 50mm zokes from a husky that sold for 1250 shipped, so 1000 on ebay was a good starting point.. (after shipping and fees i'd only get 800ish)
that's why I offer parts on forums like this at a 10% discount, cheaper parts for the buyers and cut out ebay's fees.
and my prices include shipping which on big items can be over 50 bucks alone sometimes..

Most riders appreciate the offering of parts direct for a 10% discount.. Not sure why the negative responses on here??? but oh well, no skin off my back... My personal business, my sales and my feedback are all great so I guess I must be doing something right??

Last edited by Supercycleshop; 10-23-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Let's keep the personal attacks down, or this thread will be removed.

Thank you.
Girard
Old 10-23-2012, 08:11 AM

Supercycleshop,

+1 on the personal attacks. Also, more power to you if you can sell that stuff at those prices. I can promise you however, that you will not sell them here to our members, who are more knowledgable about the brand. There are other options, so please refrain from trying to justify your prices especially in the way you did it. Honestly, its a waste of your time.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Supercycleshop,

+1 on the personal attacks. Also, more power to you if you can sell that stuff at those prices. I can promise you however, that you will not sell them here to our members, who are more knowledgable about the brand. There are other options, so please refrain from trying to justify your prices especially in the way you did it. Honestly, its a waste of your time.

labeling something a "jerk response" is in no way a personal attack

and I have no need to justify anything, i was defending myself from personal attacks by other users.

I'm a rider and GG owner on top of everything, so tread lightly as a moderator and keep your personal attacks to yourself also

Being members of a forum in no way give any users the certification of pricing on used GG parts. Having an opinion is normal, but like commonly stated if you don't like ones pricing you always have the option to purchase elsewhere.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:49 AM

I don't particularly like your tone, and you do not tell me what to do as a moderator. You are banned.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:50 PM

I can see this both ways. When I sell stuff, I want to make money. I buy and sell cars/trucks/bikes/etc, been doing it all my life.

But when I sell something on KTM talk, (I'm new to GGs), I try to make a little but be reasonable. As a consumer on KTMtalk, I have gotten good deals and several times gotten a box with what I purchased,and also some free stuff that was not even discussed! That has happened at least 5 times for me. In turn, I have thrown in free things that I didn't need for guys who bought from me.

I have also offered to take guys who bought from me or I bought from on rides. I've met some cool folks, had some fun, and usually gotten a reasonable price when buying and selling.

I don't look at sites like this or ktmtalk as purely places for profit. I don't mind those who do, but I am gonna laugh at their shortsightedness. The advice and fun I get from a good bike related website is worth quite a bit to me!

I still use ktmtalk sometimes, although less and less. Several years ago they changed their classified I guess to try and weed out the lower-end bikes and parts. Recently there are few older/low priced bikes or parts for sale there, and I think it really hurt their reputation and quality. KTMTalk used to be a grass-roots user-based site where KTM riders helped KTM riders. Lately, it is far less so. Lately it is more of a dealer based site, pro-racer based site, and site for sellers who do it full time, even if they are not a new bike dealer. Some must see that move as a positive, but as a good-ol-boy who does this sport for pure fun, and to create and save riding areas, maybe have a laugh and learn a little, I think it was a huge step backwards.

I do believe in free speech, so I suppose anyone can toss up any nutty price, but they should not get their panties in a wad if someone points out that the price is out of the norm. I think any and everyone should be prepared to defend their position. That's true free speech! Go ahead, say something crazy! Just be ready to back it up with facts, figures, made up nonsense, lies, truth, something! Don't whine, defend yourself!

I have an 83 KDX 250, in great shape. It last ran in 2010. I think it's worth at least $10,000. I'd like to trade it even for a 2013 GG EC, 6 Days edition. It has a Preston Petty front fender, and a homeade tool bag on the back, so I think I deserve about a grand to boot. The grand may be slightly negotiable...
Old 10-24-2012, 08:02 PM

what a disaster that thread was!!! holy cow this dude started off on the wrong foot saying heres a bunch of parts i have for sale if you dont like the price piss off because im much too busy of a guy, yet has time to answer back to everyone that thinks hes out to lunch i totally agree, go somewhere else and pedal your parts. this is a great group of guys that help each other out every single day, we dont need to be told to piss off because we all agree hes over priced and has a poor attitude.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgas View Post
I have an 83 KDX 250, in great shape. It last ran in 2010. I think it's worth at least $10,000. I'd like to trade it even for a 2013 GG EC, 6 Days edition. It has a Preston Petty front fender, and a homeade tool bag on the back, so I think I deserve about a grand to boot. The grand may be slightly negotiable...
Would you be willing to exchange for a 2013 200 Race edition. You can keep the homemade toolbag.

Seriously though, it is a forum and forums are based on open disussion and opinions. To make a post and then get huffy because someone disagrees is just plain crazy. It should be water off a ducks back.

I have a slightly used stator cover gasket for sale. It has a small tear at one edge. Only on the bike approx 6000kms. Will sell for whatever you deem a reasonable price. To the lucky buyer I'll also throw in 2 free used exhaust flange o-rings, and a broken upper pipe mount! Barrragaaainn!