Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Handguards

Handguards. What a bizarre move by the FIM to ban barkbusters. I have run without full wrap handguards. I was reluctant to go to them years ago for many reasons, mostly because I didn't like the way they looked (I was young, and didn't consider it fashionable, dumb). Once I rode my brother in law's bike after watching him literally use trees to his advantage with his handguards and tried it myself. I was sold. I bolted on a pair and have never looked back. I know why those original guards were called barkbusters, because that's exactly what they do! I use them less for protection, and more for the "Braille advantage." I love my fastway units, they allow a bit more of the desired "bar flex" from your 1 1/8th bar and don't constrict the side of your hand with that "ergo bend."

OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs