Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:47 PM

Default Looking for a new 300

Does anyone know of a dealer in say 250 square miles of Charlotte NC with a new 08 or 09 EC300?

Old 09-17-2009, 06:19 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

You might check with Dale at gasgas usa ,see if he has any left over 08's (thats what I got last May) Then if he does he could work it out with whatever dealer is nearest to you.

His # (816) 809-8404
Old 09-17-2009, 10:48 AM

SPORTCYCLE KTM near Knoxville, TN is a very good GasGas dealer and they have a new 08 300 on the floor. It's red and comes with your choice of ignitions. Their number is:

865-681-7895
Old 09-17-2009, 06:39 PM

Dude, you have no clue, you are surround by Dealers, Dirt & Street Cycle in Rockwell , out side of Salisbury, ---Tracy Fuller in Marion, and UP-State Cycle in SC, Look on the NCHSA.org web site you will find all the dealers numbers and addresses and good luck.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:48 PM

Dude, I live 15 miles from Dirt and Street cycles, he doesn't have any new bikes or has he had any in problem a year or more. He says he can't sale them! Upstate Cycle doesn't have any either and when I called and asked they acted like they may not get anymore! They said GasGas didn't have their stuff together, but I don't want to get in to that! Fullers, on the other hand, is a GREAT shop! I know Tracey well and we ride together frequently. He had a leftover 08 300 I just missed out on! Bad timing I reckon! All 3 shops you mentioned are great in their on respects, but none of them have a bike. I was looking for something left over or in stock that I could save a little money on. Tracey at Fullers was telling me he probably won't floor anymore bikes. He said if you wanted one he would order it for you with full payment due at the time of the order. I'd say your probably not going to get a very good deal under these circumstances. So in closing, I would say I do kinda have a clue, but I would like to save alittle money when possible.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:57 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Yeah the list of dealers wasn't real usefull when I was looking either. Some of the dealers acted like they didnt even know what a gasgas was,some said they dont carry them anymore etc...

I finally got one from a guy in Herndon ,VA. "The trial zone".

I'd love for my friend who's a suzuki dealer to become a gasgas dealer. I'm gonna mention it to him to see if he's interested.But in this economy ,and riding locations dwindling I dont think he's going to be to eager to pursue it.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:56 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Gran Prix Cycle, all the way across the country in Oregon has two leftover 300's. At $4999, it may be worth it to have one shipped. He may even cut you a better deal than that?? The worst he could say is no.

I shipped a 600 pound Moto Guzzi to Virginia for $550 from Oregon. It may be worth it.

Gran Prix Cycle: Gary

541-926-3139
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 09-18-2009, 10:37 AM

Don't let the name Sportcycle KTM turn you off they have several new gassers on the floor and 2010 models preordered. David Ferris the owner/operator is very knowledgeable and races a gasser himself. His dealership is south of Knoxville in Maryville, TN. It is exactly 250 miles from his shop to Charlotte NC.