Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2019, 04:40 PM

Default Should I part out or sell as a project bike?

Hi all, hope this is a suitable place for this post. My 2013 300 has turned into more of a project than I have the time or budget for. On it?s last ride the seals on the waterpump gave out causing the top end to go. It didn't seize, and still shifts through the gears, but so much needs attention and I cannot afford to have it all rebuilt like I want. I started tearing it down to rebuild but I don?t have the time or funds to finish now.

Is it worth parting out, or selling as a rolling chasis project? The wheels are rough and the front is bent, the clutch master is shot and overall it is pretty well worn. I?m in Southern Alabama and not sure if there is much of a market here for such a bike. Also not sure what it is all worth with the exception of the Lectron Carb I just installed less than a dozen hours ago. Not sure how many hours are on the engine, and what it would cost to ship the heavy parts if I can?t find a local buyer. What do you think? What would you do?

Thanks!