Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:05 AM

Default 2012 300 Electric Start Weight?

Good morning fellas!

After my get off at the LA National Enduro yesterday, I am deciding to go back to a smoker. Do not get me wrong.......I like my Berg but it is not suited to my riding style. I am going to sell her and either buy the Berg 300 or a gas gas 300. Electric start of course.

Anybody got the dry weight on the 300 gasser electric start. I could not find it.

Clay you almost ended up with a "Trade" in your trailer yesterday!

Old 05-07-2012, 08:40 AM

Robby,

I knew you would be back. To a man, everyone I know of that bought one of those things has dumped it. For the weight figure close to what your old bike weighed. Lighter new design, but add weight back for estart components. Why estart?
Old 05-07-2012, 08:49 AM

Because my ass is fat, old & getting lazier by the day! Plus I meesed up my knee really bad last year and then again yesterday. Better safe than sorry. But who knows might just be the old kicker.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:12 AM

I'm always of the philosophy that if you need an estart due to some physical limitation, that limitation will rear is ugly head in a trail situation more serious than kick starting the bike. But thats just me and I don't know whats best for you. My ass is a lot older than yours, no sympathy there buddy! Kick start, workout plan, good knee brace.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:09 AM

Just IMHO. Before I bought my 2011 EC 300 E, I didn't want an estart at all. I raced a Florida HS a week ago. I got a poor start and it was a dust bowl. But I passed 8 people in a quarter of a mile. Everyone of them had run up on someone in the thick dust, then grabbed the binders and stalled. Poor guys were kicking like crazy while stuck in a sandstorm. I stalled once but I had the engine restarted before the wheels stopped rolling. It was also very hot and super humid. It is a distinct disadvantage to waste energy kicking a stalled bike in brutally hot conditions. I won't have a bike w/o the button now.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 05-07-2012, 10:28 AM

If they could just integrate the system better so its more compact and reliable with a wet interface. The motor doesn't weigh that much plus its low on the bike, so if you wanted to save a few lbs you could just dump the battery.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
Good morning fellas!

After my get off at the LA National Enduro yesterday, I am deciding to go back to a smoker. Do not get me wrong.......I like my Berg but it is not suited to my riding style. I am going to sell her and either buy the Berg 300 or a gas gas 300. Electric start of course.

Anybody got the dry weight on the 300 gasser electric start. I could not find it.

Clay you almost ended up with a "Trade" in your trailer yesterday!

LOL!!! I'm glad I didn't. I was too tired to push it out of my trailer!
Old 05-07-2012, 12:02 PM

That is ok Clay. The Berg is heading back to Imperial, PA for selling. It did cross my mind more than once though while I was waiting on Girard to finish up.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
I'm always of the philosophy that if you need an estart due to some physical limitation, that limitation will rear is ugly head in a trail situation more serious than kick starting the bike. But thats just me and I don't know whats best for you. My ass is a lot older than yours, no sympathy there buddy! Kick start, workout plan, good knee brace.
Do 12 oz. curls fit into the "Workout" These are the silver bullet kind.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:25 PM

I still do those just not as many or as often, well just not as often.

I just took a different approach to training, got bored with the typical machines and weights. TRX suspension training is it. I have this personal trainer, a tough girl from Brooklyn NY, kick my ass every Thursday, then I do my own TRX workouts the other days. It works, I'm down 10 lbs, stronger, and can ride hard to the very end of a harescramble now without getting tired.

Try it it might work for you.