Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Australia & New Zealand

Old 10-13-2014, 12:40 AM

Default New to the world of GG

hey there everyone first time posting on this forum. been a member of dbw for a while now, but seeing as ive brought my first ever gasgas i thought this would be a wise decision to join the gg riders forum.

being my frist euro bike in general and liking gasgases for a while it was not really a choice to pass this bike up with how clean it is.

its a 2001 ec200 brought of the original owner who brought as ex demo in 2005 with 4500km on clock now it has 4700km on clock and owner only put a few tank through it during the 9 year ownership (real shame if you ask me) but it will defiantly be getting it fair share of uses with me.

anyways why im posting is that im after a few bits and pieces for the bike and being an early model gg here in Australia it hard to find many parts for them. i dont mind buying parts from europe but wanted to see who everyone is using for a wide selection of parts.

and also im after a set of motard wheels for it. but wanted to see if anyone would be able to help with a interchangable set from another bike of newer gasgas. being a weird style of spoked hub i dont think it will be from another manufacture but worth a shot

heres a couple of pic of my new bike if you would like to have a look.

ec200.JPG

gasgas.JPG

Thanks for viewing and any info/help would be appreciated
Luke

Old 10-13-2014, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard
Old 10-13-2014, 05:39 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Welcome, dont forget the chain. nice looking 200.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:49 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Welcome, great bike.You will have a heap of fun.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeos View Post
hey there everyone first time posting on this forum. been a member of dbw for a while now, but seeing as ive brought my first ever gasgas i thought this would be a wise decision to join the gg riders forum.

being my frist euro bike in general and liking gasgases for a while it was not really a choice to pass this bike up with how clean it is.

its a 2001 ec200 brought of the original owner who brought as ex demo in 2005 with 4500km on clock now it has 4700km on clock and owner only put a few tank through it during the 9 year ownership (real shame if you ask me) but it will defiantly be getting it fair share of uses with me.

anyways why im posting is that im after a few bits and pieces for the bike and being an early model gg here in Australia it hard to find many parts for them. i dont mind buying parts from europe but wanted to see who everyone is using for a wide selection of parts.

and also im after a set of motard wheels for it. but wanted to see if anyone would be able to help with a interchangable set from another bike of newer gasgas. being a weird style of spoked hub i dont think it will be from another manufacture but worth a shot

heres a couple of pic of my new bike if you would like to have a look.

Attachment 4926

Attachment 4927

Thanks for viewing and any info/help would be appreciated
Luke
You won't be disappointed with the bike that's for sure.
Just bought a 06 300 same colour plastics under $4k. Best value for money I've ever spent. I ride with new bikes that have had tons of $$ thrown at them and it will keep up with or get in front of all of them.

If your off DBW you probably would of heard of JT Racing a friend just got a set from JTR for $1800 for his 511, but I'm sure they would make a cheaper set up. He likes the best of everything. I'm planning get hubs from RAD or Hollis then get an extra wheel set made up locally as funds permit.
There's tons of after market parts for our older bikes around only thing is it seems one place will have this,n,that the next will have that'n'this and the next will have all the other. Gas Gas Australia can get all the genuine stuff you need.
Cheers
Old 11-20-2014, 02:09 AM

Oh....and here's a hand link I was given on another post lots of goodies.

http://translate.google.com/translat...VNX63Bs3w8S53A