Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 06-01-2009, 10:59 AM

if it is just ticking when you push the starter button is that the solenoid clicking in and out for the starter motor? the squeel is probably the fuel pump, is the starter motor turning? whats the voltage on the battery? it could be possible that someone has swapped the relays over before and you have two bad ones now, they only cost about 3 quid each from gasgas so worth a punt and peace of mind, if there not knackered they will be soon, mine and my mates seem to last less than 500 miles before they go.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:20 AM

Bump, any news??
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Australia
Old 06-03-2009, 05:14 PM

Thumbs up fixed

hi guys ,my babys fixed ,got the starter cog upgrade of rev it red,£50 for the three of them and its the one with the worm on .BARGIN.that was all down to mcludd ,so a big thanks to you .and the prob with the bike was pipe lose inside the tank ,the petrol was swerling round the tank ,pipe had come of one off the fuel pump so happy day's .big thanks to jjbaker1 to you'v been a great help for my sole, if it want for you i think i would of ebayed the bike,so thanks mate .jon send me a pm with you'r phone number an ill give you a call. CHEERS GUY'S
Old 06-04-2009, 01:21 AM

Good to hear mate, time to get out there and enjoy it

Have fun

Adam
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Australia
Old 07-14-2009, 04:05 PM

Default Update

So heres an update on my bike.

I replaced the starter solenoid. To no avail. I checked almost every single connection on the bike. I am thinking maybe the battery (which is brand new) may be the problem but I cannot be for sure. Now at this point the bike no longer makes the clicking noise. When i turn the key no lights, no fuel pump, no clicking, nothing. The problem has somehow progressively gotten worse. The battery holds a charge IF i take the 3 amp fuse out. As soon as i put the 3 amp fuse back in the battery voltage goes from 12 or 10 down to 6 and begins to drain.

Heres the fun part. GASGAS people are IDIOTS. NOBODY HAS A SCHEMATIC IN THIS WORLD FOR THIS BIKE. If you think im wrong then prove it. I have tested every connection on this bike basically trying to find a short and I can almost make my own schematic by now but I cannot find the problem. I cannot find anybody who has any idea what is going on either. Nor am I within a close distance to a mechanic which so far none of whom I can trust since the last gasgas mechanic charged me a good amount of money for absolutely nothing.

If anybody has any ideas then shoot away, but just know I have tried it all except for buying a new battery even though the battery is new.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:42 PM

You probably have 2 faults causing confusion. You cannot be doing this methodically or you would've at least narrowed it down - ok you hate me for that remark but it's true, because there's no such thing as magic or gremlins. Take a few deep breaths and accept you may be in the garage with the multimeter for quite a while.

I'd suggest find the drain
Check the battery hasn't been damaged
Look for the starter problem.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:53 PM

Nono I don't hate you for saying that at all. I am ready to accept any help anybody has to offer. But here is one thing to think about: I have no schematic or anything that gives me the slightest hint of what is within the cluster#$% of wires that run all over this bike. Nothing to tell me anything about the electrical or where it goes or what it does. Brown wire? Where do you run little brown wire? NOWHERE because I cant find you anywhere. I am pretty sure that leads to my short but who knows what it does without a schematic. I mean you are right I could spend the rest of my life in the shop trying to guess what things are. I cant really do anything methodically without knowing what and where things are running and what they do and everything that a schematic would tell me. Considering I am no electrician, I have about as good of a chance of fixing the space shuttle without a schematic.

The battery may be shot. How do I test it? Considering it is less than 2 months old I am really doubting the fact that it is not good but I don't rule that out. Dont gasgas bikes have to use stronger batteries? I know someone said they run better on the CBR1000 batteries that have stronger cranking power or something like that.

And how would I test my starter to see if it is good? Also is the bikes charging system and starter one in the same?

Thanks for the help,

-Adam
Old 07-14-2009, 04:55 PM

hi mate, where abouts are you, and i think i have a schematic for the bike, will look for you

jon
Old 07-14-2009, 05:35 PM

Adam, do you have a schematic for an 05? i asked my local gasgas dealer, he sent me a pdf of the schematic. and said there very little difference between the two years. this is a 05 wireing schematic. pm me your email and ill send it. its too big to post up
Old 07-15-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbaker1 View Post
hi mate, where abouts are you, and i think i have a schematic for the bike, will look for you

jon

I live in Placerville, California. In between Sacramento and Tahoe. Here is a link...

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...=h&z=7&iwloc=A