Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

Default Help Please! Clutch Master

Only a small problem

The small rubber boot that covers the engagement pin on the master cylinder has somehow managed to pop itself out. All good, just seat it back in there you say!

Any tips or tricks on doing this? Space is limited most the way around by the handguard and the master itself. Everytime I get close to getting it back in it pops back out in another place. Its like theres room for 1 finger and i need 3 hands to get the job done..

Anyone??

Old 07-07-2011, 07:09 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I just replaced mine since the old one self-destructed. All I did was use a small screwdriver to set it in. I think they get stiff and brittle as they age and then they have a tendency to misbehave like it is for you.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:19 AM

From my experience, they swell over time from oil and grease used on the pin/cup, and are hard to get seated then. The entire master rebuild kit is cheap and good to do after a couple years to avoid problems.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks fellas. Mines definately not stiff. Probably more so swollen and soft. I was leaning towards the screw drivers too but didn't have the patience. Will round up a helper next time. Bikes only 6 months in all in all the part looks in good shape. Popped it out falling off

How do you get up a step up with a tree on the left, a root at the top, a 90 left hand turn directly after the tree and root which is also cambers back down towards where you came from??
Old 07-07-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
How do you get up a step up with a tree on the left, a root at the top, a 90 left hand turn directly after the tree and root which is also cambers back down towards where you came from??
With difficulty and not by ghosting, I tried that and the bike didnt talk to me for 3 months.

Ever consider taking the master off the bar
Old 07-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobi View Post
With difficulty and not by ghosting, I tried that and the bike didnt talk to me for 3 months.

Ever consider taking the master off the bar
Haha!! I didn't ghost it two times and ended up on my ass both! Third time hung up on the root. Ended up cutting inside the tree and up over that root that can be hit more square on! Still want to get it though

I did consider taking the mc clutch lever etc etc off to get to it, which is what will happen if I can't get it to happen. Was tired frustrated and running behind time when i noticed it had popped out. Was a hopeful thought that someone would have a knack at getting it back in! No harm in asking