Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody View Post
Think the 300's got the reed spacer on as standard, and think Ian already has the G2. I really want a throttle thats halfway between a trials and an enduro. How much twist does it take to get full throttle with a G2?
The G2 takes a very similar time to open the throttle wide. At least it felt about the same. It makes it progressive so the first bit it slower, then it ramps up. This seems to work quite well and it is much more linear than standard.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Banned

Three mounting points, two fixed and only one slotted?
Old 03-10-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by widebear View Post
Three mounting points, two fixed and only one slotted?
All three are slotted concentric with the crank on mine. So you can twist the whole stator plate to adjust timing - well you can if you remove the specially slot shaped washer and use a normal one. However that plan wasn't quite so easy as one of the other positions was already near the end of a slot so the plate would only move 5 deg. I can't add a drilling as there is some random drilling in the way but not exactly in a position that could be used itself. I'm guessing it's crummy manufacturing. Someone drilled and tapped a hole in the wrong place.

I'll get a picture this evening.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:26 PM

There is NOTHING wrong, they are all like that. The other hole is an M6 for mounting the 2K-2 on our DEs or MCs. Add a base gasket and work out more.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:12 PM

Ah thanks Glenn. I feel re-assured to know it's meant to be. Wonder why the other stator uses different mounts. Guess they don't make it and just buy in a suitable part. I'm avoiding the base gasket at the moment because I don't want to have the bother of removing the jug. The garage is a little cramped right now.

Anyway here are pictures that someone asked for. You can see I am only able to retard a couple of degrees without making the slots longer.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:24 PM

Normal. The cases are designed to accept both ignitions, which is a very good idea. The 2K-2 stator plate is smaller and uses M6 bolts. Clean that puppy up while the flywheel is off!
Old 03-10-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Normal. The cases are designed to accept both ignitions, which is a very good idea. The 2K-2 stator plate is smaller and uses M6 bolts. Clean that puppy up while the flywheel is off!

No way!
Whenever I start polishing, something breaks. The water was blown out and a little dispersant sprayed in. It'll last another 5 years.

The insulator cracking concerns me more than the corrosion or dirt.

Last edited by iancp5; 03-11-2008 at 03:49 AM.