Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Banned

Default extracting more power

I'm looking for more top end power for my mc-250, allready has a motowest pipe and is very cleanly jetted. Anyone have any experiance with porting?

Old 03-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I tested the following pipes my 2001 ec300. I did this on the same day, on the same trail back in '02...

fmf gnarley
messico
doma
motowest

The motowest focused more delivery in mid power and didn't deliver nearly as much, or as cleanly, as the messico or doma on top. Given this, my suggestion would be to switch pipes to either a messico or doma.

jeff
Old 03-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffd View Post
I tested the following pipes my 2001 ec300. I did this on the same day, on the same trail back in '02...

fmf gnarley
messico
doma
motowest

The motowest focused more delivery in mid power and didn't deliver nearly as much, or as cleanly, as the messico or doma on top. Given this, my suggestion would be to switch pipes to either a messico or doma.

jeff
Ive got one of each of those sitting in a pile waiting for the dents to be blown out, I did not see a big differance between the doma and messico or the motowest, I like them all. I'm not looking so much at shifting the power around but more of it, maybee larger exhaust port, head work , transfers ect?
Old 03-11-2008, 03:58 PM

Have you considered the RB Designs carb mod? I did this for my 05' EC300 and had great benefits across the board. I did it mostly for the low-end circuit tuning but the top end performance was amazing. My bike friggin' screams on the upper end like never before.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasIdaho View Post
Have you considered the RB Designs carb mod? I did this for my 05' EC300 and had great benefits across the board. I did it mostly for the low-end circuit tuning but the top end performance was amazing. My bike friggin' screams on the upper end like never before.
So you had it punched out to 39 mm with the divider plate? I was pondering that, please tell me more
Old 03-11-2008, 09:48 PM

wide bear: remember ya can't beat cubic inches!! 300 baby!!
Old 03-12-2008, 09:25 AM

Exactly. Bored to 39mm, divider plate, modified low-spd circuit, different needle, etc. Ron can fill you in on the details. I live/ride at high elevation(6000ft and up) so tuning the low-spd circuit was challenging. The mod was just the ticket for this. Before the mod my air screw had no effect on performance. Now I can tune a large elev/temp range w/o rejetting using the air screw. To my surprise, the top end difference was huge as well. Went from a 168MJ to a 175MJ at my high elevation settings. Had to find a longer road to do a WOT plug test. Just kept pulling and pulling to the moon. Scary fast!