Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:35 PM

Default wec 300

does anyone know what the factory does to there race bikes not race edition. this would be interesting to find out what pros bikes are like

Old 11-28-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101racing View Post
does anyone know what the factory does to there race bikes not race edition. this would be interesting to find out what pros bikes are like
aint that going to be their little secret,
Old 11-30-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenutt View Post
aint that going to be their little secret,
During the season maybe but a magazine here in the UK often gets to ride last season's bikes and report on the mods. Unfortunately not the Gasser though. Seems some bikes are highly modified and others hardly at all. All seem to have factory trick suspension but quite a few run pretty stock engines.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:46 PM

I read that most all the teams spend alot of money on suspension (over 20K) but it makes sense to me that the motors are more on the stock side than most think. There has to be a limit on usable horsepower and I'm sure they reach a point were more is not needed.

Some teams list there bikes at 150 to 200K in value while others are 60 to 80K. With most of that in forks, shocks, one off hubs, ceramic bearings ect.

Thats for the MX guys.

A Husky enduro team was selling there race bikes off on ebay. I think they were getting around 5.5K for them. Looks like the enduro guys aren't spending near as much as the MX guys.