Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:25 PM

Default (Off Topic) Skiing

So might have asked this last year but...

Who all skis or has skied? What kind of skiing, Downhill, alpine, cross country, and so on? What skis do you have? Got some pics?

So this year I managed to get about 50 or more solid days of skiing in total (might still get 1 or 2 more days too).

Hade some amazing days and some not so much.

Skied the groomers all day, the park all day, the trees all day or backcountry all day.

In the end I always had fun. The only other thing other than dirt biking that I can admit that.

So I have a hill that has the most snowfall in all North America called Powderking and it has the name for good reason. Had a day where there was 3 feet of fresh powder and it snowed anoth 8 inches while I was there.

I ride 2008 Line Anthems with Salmaon C912TI bindings. Yeah I ride alot of park so it made sense.

I also entered my fist comp this last weekend for a big air. I hurt myself in practice by casing the tranny so hard a did some sort of sprain in my right ankle so I did not do any thing crazy but everyone was having fun and laughing and thats what it is all about.

Here are some pics of this season
post jump in comp

This was my only pic of the comp

this my Groomer day

Hope you had a fun season because I had a fun off season.

Throw up your favorite pics.

If it ain't broke, fix it anyway.

Lifes journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting holy cow what a ride !!!!

Old 03-29-2009, 11:43 PM

I used to ski (started when I was 2) but now I snowboard. This year was my 21st year of skiing/snowboarding. It was also my first year without a season pass at Red Mountain (my local hill). I'm more into backcountry touring (I have a splitboard) so I decided to spend my money on a few backcountry trips instead of a season pass. Definitely a good decision. My roommate and I did a little video blog for part of our season, but got kinda lazy. Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/user/btuckerly

There's also a video on facebook of me and my friends up at Roger's Pass for the last week of February. We booked the Asulkan Hut which sits at the toe of Asulkan Glacier. We arrived at the hut (after a 9km/900m vertical gain hike) Sunday afternoon. It snowed the next 3 days, then we woke up to blue skies on Thursday morning. Total accumulation was 95cm of champagne powder. We shredded every safe slope (avalanche danger was extremely high) we could before heading home Friday afternoon. That trip was the highlight of my season, and now it's bike time.

I hope to get a 2moto kit for next winter, then I won't need to get off the bike for 4-5 months!
Old 03-30-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyManiac View Post
I used to ski (started when I was 2) but now I snowboard. This year was my 21st year of skiing/snowboarding. It was also my first year without a season pass at Red Mountain (my local hill). I'm more into backcountry touring (I have a splitboard) so I decided to spend my money on a few backcountry trips instead of a season pass. Definitely a good decision. My roommate and I did a little video blog for part of our season, but got kinda lazy. Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/user/btuckerly

There's also a video on facebook of me and my friends up at Roger's Pass for the last week of February. We booked the Asulkan Hut which sits at the toe of Asulkan Glacier. We arrived at the hut (after a 9km/900m vertical gain hike) Sunday afternoon. It snowed the next 3 days, then we woke up to blue skies on Thursday morning. Total accumulation was 95cm of champagne powder. We shredded every safe slope (avalanche danger was extremely high) we could before heading home Friday afternoon. That trip was the highlight of my season, and now it's bike time.

I hope to get a 2moto kit for next winter, then I won't need to get off the bike for 4-5 months!
That is awsome. I have 2 friends that are all about the backcountry touring. 21 years is alot of time to be on the snow. Great video too.
Lifes journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting holy cow what a ride !!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:50 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyManiac View Post

Yes mate...good vid with some old school music. Well done
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Australia