Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-05-2020, 08:06 AM

Default Hi Guys! just approved account for GGRC!

G'Day guys as the title says I just had my account approved this afternoon and want to introduce myself. I'm not new to dirt bikes or forums and I have been checking this one out for a few days while waiting for my account to be approved. I like the feel of this forum and is a nice change from the Floggers and politics from TT and Vital.

Any way Ive got a heap of bikes and come from a motocross background, raced for a few years locally but didn't make anything of it other than a debilitating hobby, now I race for fun at club days and work on friends bikes and the occasional customer when I want, Ive got a pretty nice Husky race bike and a really sorted RM125 in the shed for motocross as well as KTM 300SX drag bike and a proper legit Toni Cairoli, DeCarli Yamaha YZ250F replica build on the go too.

So I picked up my first GasGas last Monday and honestly im pretty stoked with it, its an 02 EC200, I paid 500 bucks for it and I think its my favourite bike now. Ive always been aware of GasGas and its pedigree but have never seen one in the flesh, its quiet different to what im used to, in 2017 I bought a new TC250 and I thought it was different compared to the jap bikes but this is on another level. GasGas is cast and moulded into almost every parts on the bike and some things are quirky but I like it. Ive already posted in the Enduro Electrical topic for some help but I think I will start a build thread on this bike soon, maybe people will be interested.

The plan for this bike is to do it on a budget as much as possible, it wont get anything it doesn't need unless I feel it will fail in a particular area during the next ride or is part of preventative maintenance and servicing... things like a suspension overhaul and a set of tyres from this decade. I have 5 other big dollar bikes in the shed at the moment that get wheelsets, exhausts, performance coatings, thousand dollar shocks and new plastics every season so this will be a refreshing approach to dirt biking for me (and my first enduro bike).

If you wanna see what im about check out my Instagram page in the signature.

Cheers
Slosh.

Shed: 2018 TC250, 2010 WR450F Supermoto, 2008 RM125, 2007/2002 300SX hybrid, 2006 YZ250F TC222 Replica build, 2002 EC200

Old 05-05-2020, 08:26 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Welcome to the family!!! We have 9 older GGs in my riding group and they are super reliable and fun to ride.

We wont hold it against you that you have a bike from the Pumpkin Kult.