Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > United Kingdom

Old 11-18-2011, 01:45 PM

Default What's it worth?

I had a bad crash a few weeks a go on my cbr. Nearly killed me and might be costing my licence. It's put me off bike's for a while. So if/when i get my CBR back from police my mates helping strip it for parts then it's getting scrapped.
Now my Gas Gas i'm not sure what to do with it. Its a ec250 on R reg, no tax or test. Had a new c&s day before it broke down. It stopped running down to the reed cage snapping n causing a loss of back pressure (it was blowing fuel out of the carb when kicked over). I took the engine out of the frame because i planned on doing a rebuild because i wasn't sure what damage the cage would of done. Top end off and found it melted onto the piston.
The piston and bore are ok, i've seen engines run with hell of a lot worse. No deep scratches and no damage to the piston. So it's possible to just put it back in and it should be ok.
It's the model with the ohlins shock and billet yokes. This is how it looks at the moment:

I'm just suck on what to ask for it i've had quite a lot of interest but nobody seems to want to make me an offer they just ask what i want. I obviously don't want to let it go for too little because it's worth a fair bit of spares looking at the price of spares on ebay.
So what do you reckon i should ask for it?

Old 11-18-2011, 04:34 PM

I'll give ya ?20 for the silencer

Possibly the yokes ..if the price is right
And chain & sprockets

Maybe engine as well

PM me

Cheers
Old 11-27-2011, 09:44 AM

I think you would be better stripping it for bits too.
There are quite a few Gas Gas UK riders and I'm sure we all need a part or two .... I like the look of your front wheel actually

Let us know what you plan to do ...

Whatever you do - good luckj with the licence