Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > United Kingdom

Old 08-14-2014, 12:53 PM

Default What's it worth??

Guys the GG has been sitting in the shed too long and I don't seem to get the time to ride, so am thinking about selling up, I have lost touch with values, any advice?
EC300, 2007, decent condition, recent top end rebuild with new piston, rebuilt forks and shock, all by biketech, new rad.
Thanks

Old 08-14-2014, 03:39 PM

Unfortunately the used Gasgas market is a tough sell. Several factors should go into setting price and selling a used Gasgas.

Location: Some parts of the country seem to hold a higher value on used bikes compared to others.

Aftermarket items: although you'll never get your full $ back, a nicely equipped bike will sell better and go for a higher price. Things like bark busters, guards, computers, etc are nice features that some will pay a little extra for.

Overall condition and cleanliness: I've always been blown away when I go to look at a "meticulously maintained" bike and you arrive to find a filthy clapped out bike. Anyone who takes the time to thoroughly clean and detail their bike is someone who cared for it and will have a high probability of selling their bike. Scratched plastics are always an expectation on a used bike, but bent rims, missing spokes, crushed pipes, bent rotors, broken levers, etc are all big red flags.

Targeting the right market: there are quite a few guys out there who are in the used Gasgas market, but not many of them. Placing an ad on here as well as Craigslist and your local ads is a great place to start. Other options are cycle trader and some of the other national buy/sell venues. You also have to decide if you're willing to ship or not. With a used Gasgas, you might have to keep that option open. I always try to remember I'm probably targeting an older guy whose a woods rider, not a 20 year old metal mulisha wearing knob.

A good descriptive ad with good pics: always makes a difference. Shows you know what you're talking about and care about what you're selling and are serious. I never even consider an ad with crappy pics or "nice bike" as the description.

Patience: you're selling a used Gasgas. If you're patient the right buyer will come along.

Hope this helps. I've sold 2 used Gasgas and bought 4 used Gasgas along with many other used bikes.

I would say around $2500 is in the ball park

Good luck
Old 08-14-2014, 05:28 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

where do you live?
i think that affects things also
2014 Beta Evo Factory 300
Old 08-29-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasGasDreamer View Post
where do you live?
i think that affects things also
Sunny salisbury plain!
Old 08-31-2014, 08:06 AM

Difficult to know what second hand bikes are fetching at the minute. Asking prices for some models of rough looking older bikes seem very high and it's difficult to believe they are selling for that much. However, Gas Gas prices seem lower, maybe GG owners are just more realistic. Price along the same lines as similar bikes for sale at the time.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:04 PM

Default What's it worth??

I'm gonna give my $.02

I would probably pay $2300-2800 depending on condition. I sold my great shape 11 300 for $3800 I plan on selling my 04 200 with the conversion kit to the 11 subframe and plastics and gas tank for $2300. Mind you the plastics will be brand new and new top end and bottom. I'm gonna cry when that sells...

I am from the US
Ortonville Minnesota

Last edited by djroggen; 08-31-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

It very much depends where you live to what they're worth. The prices vary greatly even out of the crate, so that impacts the resale too. Then you get Gasser depreciation on top simply due to the old demand and supply.

Totally agree with the comment re most the bikes you see for sale are overpriced/not selling. The ones that hit the right price point seem to move quickly.

Here in Aus anywhere between 2.5G-3.5G is about right for any given bike thats got significant kms/age on it. Then the price comes back up towards cost the newer they are.

Quick search on bikesales shows .au 06-08 model dirtbikes average asking prices are between 3.5-5.5 thousand AUD. For an 07 Gasser I'd consider maybe $4500 and then start taking money away for things that need to be done. Your market may be different though.