Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 02-14-2020, 11:15 AM

What do have for sprockets? If you're riding tight bush and working the clutch a lot, consider changing to 13/52 gearing.

Old 02-14-2020, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktamps View Post
If it doesn't effect the bike I ain't going to spend the money to be fair. Might buy new springs and plates. But not spending 600
pounds onn a recluse core
my 2019 has only 3 hours on the clock and its clutch squeaks already. I tried everything on my first EC, also a 2019, replaced the hub with the Rekluse one that is standard on 2018 GP models, I drilled the pressure plate, replaced the steels, later on the steels and the friction plates, tried 10 different oils. Nothing helped...
Old 02-15-2020, 10:06 AM

I'm running 13 48 at the moment. It's quite new on there so when it's time to change I'll up the back to a 50. Been out today and it's been squealing like a pig when it gets hard 🤣. Has anyone experimented with a bit less oil in there? This time I've tried 1litre of oil but may try 800ml next time as it seems like it's squealing more with more oil. I'm also going to replace the friction plates, other plates and springs when I get paid to see if it makes a difference
Old 02-15-2020, 10:43 AM

Doc. I just read your post on thumper talk about drilling holes in the pressure plate. Did that work?
Old 02-15-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktamps View Post
Doc. I just read your post on thumper talk about drilling holes in the pressure plate. Did that work?
Hi Nick, unfortunately it didn't change anything. As you suppose above less oil mad it a bit better in my first EC. After checking back with GasGas it seems that many people just don't read the manual which clearly states that owners should use the sight glass. I never put in more than 800cc but I always drain correctly, tilt the bike from left to right several times and get more oil out than if one only opens the drain screw.

Should you experiment with different clutch plates please let me know what you will find out. I would really appreciate that. I tried OEM plates and some aftermarket ones (friction discs only!) but it did not change anything. I also tried at least 10 different oils with no success. Funny thing is, on some bikes the problem doesn't exist.

Looking forward reading about your tests

Doc
Old 02-15-2020, 04:43 PM

I think first of all is I'm going to drill holes in the pressure plates. As that seemed to work so well on them ktms I read about. My mate took his clutch cover off his the other day and he was missing a bit of his basket. Like the arms that come off that hold the friction plates in place he was missing one of them. I'm starting to think that might have been done deliberately to allow oil in. He doesn't get any squeal. Same bike and same year as mine too
Old 02-17-2020, 09:27 AM

A photo would be great...
Old 02-17-2020, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Here's some pics of the Rekluse I put on my '15.

http://gasgasrider.org/forum/showthr...+manual+clutch
Old 02-19-2020, 01:47 PM

I'll do it when I get some time now. And I'll take a few photos. Thanks for that Link too. If this doesn't work that will be my next option
Old 02-20-2020, 12:53 PM

So I've done the mod. Here is a photo. But I took my pressure plate off and found the outer friction plate in loads of different pieces. I've put it back in for now as it is but I will buy a whole new set of friction plates and steel rings. Maybe one of them is warped. I didn't want to delve any deeper at the moment until I have a replacement as I want to ride Saturday. So I'll see if this mod makes any difference and keep you posted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200220_184054.jpg (122.8 KB, 25 views)