Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-19-2015, 06:34 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default New bike Delivery ?

Do you think New bikes offroad / trials will be coming by the end of 2016 ?

Old 11-19-2015, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Dud View Post
Do you think New bikes offroad / trials will be coming by the end of 2016 ?
Production resumes (supposedly) Jan/Feb for a very limited number of 2016 models.

Last edited by Rod Overstreet; 11-20-2015 at 06:31 AM.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
Production resumes (supposedly) Jan/Feb for a very limited number of 2016 models.

Will these be BNG bikes? Or will they be the 2016 you spoke of way back when with some changes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2015, 11:41 AM

I'd almost prefer not to see a 16 model. So late in the game getting to market would only hurt the dealers with inventory. I hope they take the time to put out a well thought out 17and have it here in the states for early fall. Get part inventories where they need to be (although I never experienced not being able to get a part through this whole ordeal) this will build current customer/dealer confidence.
In my opinion just putting a bike out there to get a bike out there would not be a good idea.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
Will these be BNG bikes? Or will they be the 2016 you spoke of way back when with some changes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Way too early to make an accurate comment on that. I am supposed to go to Spain in December, so we will know more then. If they can offer the current models with all the improvements we saw listed last Jan. I will be happy.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:20 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimpy525 View Post
I'd almost prefer not to see a 16 model. So late in the game getting to market would only hurt the dealers with inventory. I hope they take the time to put out a well thought out 17and have it here in the states for early fall. Get part inventories where they need to be (although I never experienced not being able to get a part through this whole ordeal) this will build current customer/dealer confidence.
In my opinion just putting a bike out there to get a bike out there would not be a good idea.
You make a solid point
Old 11-20-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Understand your point but they need to generate revenue quick or else GasGas will be further in debt and to wait a whole year before releasing a new bike probably won't help them that much. It would be nice if they could wait and finish sorting things out but time and money are probably not on their side.
Maybe heavy discounted 2015/16BNG would help to keep the brand active then 2017 roll out the really new shinny improved bikes with big discounts for us loyal gasgas fans
Old 11-20-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimpy525 View Post
Not quite that easy. I understand what you're saying and yes...there needs to be focus on parts inventory...but having part isn't what puts the brand back on the radar in terms of growth and growth comes from new unit sales.

#1 First remember we are not just talking about this country but global. There are several countries who never even got 2015 models! For those distributors and dealers, they must have something to sell and soon.

# 2 Again, not just talking about the US but the brand has lost so much ground to their competitors in terms of market share, there is no time to wait. The fact is, we have customers who have put off buying a new bike, in hopes of a 2016 model. We also have racers who are committed to the brand that need fresh bikes ASAP. The quicker Gas Gas can get new product out in the field, the better to help build for 2017.

#3 The factory workers have exhausted all benefits and must return to work, as this is part of the deal. They have put their lives on hold, stayed loyal to the company and patiently waited instead of finding another job. They cannot afford to wait, nor should they be asked to.

Lastly, your comment on hurting dealers with inventory...We do not just drop bikes on dealers then ask for a check. They know what they will need and what they won't. Considering we oversold 2015 models by quite some number, plus the new dealers who are waiting to come on, they will need product by spring as well.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcclure200 View Post
Understand your point but they need to generate revenue quick or else GasGas will be further in debt and to wait a whole year before releasing a new bike probably won't help them that much. It would be nice if they could wait and finish sorting things out but time and money are probably not on their side.
Maybe heavy discounted 2015/16BNG would help to keep the brand active then 2017 roll out the really new shinny improved bikes with big discounts for us loyal gasgas fans
There are no 2015's in our pipeline. The ones left in dealer stock, you can count on both hands...actually less.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
Not quite that easy. I understand what you're saying and yes...there needs to be focus on parts inventory...but having part isn't what puts the brand back on the radar in terms of growth and growth comes from new unit sales.

#1 First remember we are not just talking about this country but global. There are several countries who never even got 2015 models! For those distributors and dealers, they must have something to sell and soon.

# 2 Again, not just talking about the US but the brand has lost so much ground to their competitors in terms of market share, there is no time to wait. The fact is, we have customers who have put off buying a new bike, in hopes of a 2016 model. We also have racers who are committed to the brand that need fresh bikes ASAP. The quicker Gas Gas can get new product out in the field, the better to help build for 2017.

#3 The factory workers have exhausted all benefits and must return to work, as this is part of the deal. They have put their lives on hold, stayed loyal to the company and patiently waited instead of finding another job. They cannot afford to wait, nor should they be asked to.

Lastly, your comment on hurting dealers with inventory...We do not just drop bikes on dealers then ask for a check. They know what they will need and what they won't. Considering we oversold 2015 models by quite some number, plus the new dealers who are waiting to come on, they will need product by spring as well.
Agreed. IMO the 2015 looks to be a pretty good bike (we didn't see any in Canada). They need to get some 16's in the pipeline for spring and make a fresh start for 2017.