Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 01-20-2016, 07:49 PM

Try
816-255-2328

https://technologyelevatedco.com/contact-us/

Old 01-20-2016, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

I have lost track of APT. Didn't they change names? and then change back? I'm not sure. I just got my 38mm Billet back from a long hiatus and was considering contacting them to see if they'd be interested in bringing it up to latest spec and possibly giving it another burl to see how things have progressed.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:41 AM

I am currently having another crack at it after some time. its great while running but hard to start first thing and after a ride in the trailer. email sent to get their opinion.

check of the plug after day at the MX track shows rich so I will click left and see if that sorts it.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaffer View Post
Does anyone know who sells parts for a 38mm smart carb? I need a q9 metering rod. I have emailed and called APT with no reply. korey
Hey everyone. You can reach us for SmartCarb sales, service and parts at Technology Elevated.
816-255-2328
https://technologyelevatedco.com/ https://www.facebook.com/technologyelevated/

Corey
Old 01-21-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
I am currently having another crack at it after some time. its great while running but hard to start first thing and after a ride in the trailer. email sent to get their opinion.

check of the plug after day at the MX track shows rich so I will click left and see if that sorts it.

My buddy has the exact same issue. He has to use starting fluid to get his bike to fire when it's cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
My buddy has the exact same issue. He has to use starting fluid to get his bike to fire when it's cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
its Summer in Tasmania and still have the trouble.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:38 PM

I had an early billet 36mm SmartCarb on my KTM 300XCW.
There were a few things early on to sort out (I expected that, being an early one)- bit once all done always started and ram great.

I sold the bike and sold th carb to a buddy with a 300. Worked great a long time, but began to have some issues like you describe.

My understanding a fix is avalaible (new check valves I think).
But I always had great service from Corey,,so giv him a chance to sort it.

Mark
Old 03-26-2016, 05:05 PM

Installed my new 38mm cast last wknd. It's a bit early to give a full review as I've only had a couple short runs on it around the block. It does seem promising though, based on my initial tiny bit of playing around.
The first ride I fiddled with it enough to get the bike running and went for a quick spin, but it wasn't anywhere close to where it needs to be. No big deal as Corey recommends putting at least 4 hrs on it before fine tuning.
Today I played with it a bit more. It was a bit hard to start. It took about 6-7 kicks with the choke and it was only 2 celsius out. It seemed lean, so i richened it up about 7-8 clicks and that made a huge difference.
When I start it once warm, it fires about 1/2 way thru the first kick and settles into a nice idle, which is better than it's ever been. On the short ride I took, it pulled quite nice thru the gears.
Looking forward to spending lots of time on this bike this year and see what this carb can do.

There have been quite a few revisions made on these since they came out, especially the billet as well as 1 or 2 revisions with the cast versions, from what I understand. Mine is one of the later versions, as it was made last fall

I was quite impressed with the unit when I took it out of the box. Very clever design and incredible simplicity. There is really only a few moving parts and only 2 main adjustments. It appears once it's setup, the owner shouldn't need to mess with it anymore after that.
Love the fact that there aren't any hoses and other exterior junk.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:39 PM

I am still waiting for further revision and long term reliability information, but it looks like they are heading the right direction.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:06 PM

Have about 15 hrs on mine since it was installed. It should now be fully broken in. Have done a couple of small trailside adjustments since installing it & I think it's probably close, but still a bit on the rich side. I'm Ok with it being a bit rich, rather than a bit lean.
Once the bike is warmed up, there is very little smoke, although I still have a bit of spooge, but much less spooge than I used to get from the stock Keihin, which was admittedly running rich.
The bike generally starts in one kick when cold with the choke on, or if the starter is willing to work, it fires as soon as the button is pressed.

Here's a cool benefit. I did an organized ride yesterday. I used at least 2 or 3 fewer liters to ride to the lunch stop than I did on the same ride last year. Last year, I hit reserve at just over 80km(mix of roads and single track), with the lunch being at about 86km. This year, lunch was at the 80km mark and it took only about 6 liters to fill up. My bike has the 10.5 liter tank.
Weather conditions were similar to last year and trails were similar.
That is close to the mileage I used to get on my 250cc 4strokes.