Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2014, 07:58 PM
Banned

Default Dunlop AT81RC

Heard a lot of hype about this tire and decided to give it a go. First impressions, it looks very beefy and stout in person. The rc is the reinforced carcass for desert riding and the center strip of knobs on the tire are softer then the rest. I purchased the 110\90x18. From the pics you can see it has a very low profile. I run a tubliss in the rear which is a HUGE advantage and a neccsescity for this tire. Getting it on the rim was an effort because of the stiff sidewalls.

First ride I ran it with 9psi. It was very unpredictable in corners but hooked up well when going straight. Rocky, loose climbs were no problem for this tire. Even climbing up granite slabs it did very well. Sandy washes were no match for this tread pattern. My concern was still in corners. It was recommended to me to run this tire at 0 to 3 psi. I am now running i t at 3psi and the cornering is much better. It is more predictable to ride now. It will hook up quite well in flat turns and it will break loose on command with just a blip of the throttle. The pics below show this tire as of now with 18 hours on it. This tire has lasted the longest for me in the rocky desert I ride in.

Last edited by desertgasser300; 02-13-2014 at 02:27 PM.