Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > All Other Bikes...

All Other Bikes... KTM, Husky, VOR, Husaberg & Hondayamazuki...

Old 07-09-2011, 10:04 AM

I have to agree with you.

Why would you buy a Hyosung for $7999 when you can buy a Honda shadow for $7999

Old 07-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Now that dualsport bikes are becoming more popular; I think ATK jumped off the boat a little early when they quit making the 605's.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Site Sponsor

I hear what your saying, I happen to own a 650 Hyosung and have rode Honda Shadows. The Hyosung has way more power but otherwise it's very similar. Hyosung has a long uphill battle to become a real competitor. It seems like they just don't have the resources to promote them unlike other Korean companies like Hyundai or Kia
Old 07-09-2011, 11:12 AM

I would buy a used Hyosung because you can get them cheap but not a new one. It would be different if they were $1500 cheaper than a Honda
Old 07-09-2011, 05:54 PM

I'm kind of surprised ATK has managed to survive considering what they offer. They did do a good job at debugging the Cannondale. I wouldn't mind riding a street legal 450 SM. I sold mine to a guy who converted it to SM and it was very fast.

Speaking of HD, do you guys realize how much of that overpriced bling hanging on the walls in your HD dealership is made in China? Its sickening. I spent a lot of coin on a luggage rack and mount for my VRod, to find out I had to redrill the holes to get it to line up. Flip it over, "Made in China". I have no pity for HD after what they did to Buell, they could go belly up tomorrow and it would not bother me a bit. I used to hate going to the dealer for simple stuff like oil filters, felt like I walked into a costume shop just before Halloween.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Speaking of HD, do you guys realize how much of that overpriced bling hanging on the walls in your HD dealership is made in China? Its sickening. I spent a lot of coin on a luggage rack and mount for my VRod, to find out I had to redrill the holes to get it to line up. Flip it over, "Made in China". I have no pity for HD after what they did to Buell, they could go belly up tomorrow and it would not bother me a bit. I used to hate going to the dealer for simple stuff like oil filters, felt like I walked into a costume shop just before Halloween.

Talk about the orange koolaid how about the HD koolaid. There is an interesting article in the AMA magazine about how the NH seacoast is cracking down on loud pipes. A meeting was held where? Yup an HD dealership. Although, lately I have heard a lot of Jap cruisers with straight pipes which have a more irritating tone to them.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Road test on the ATK.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/798/86...irst-Ride.aspx
Old 08-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Site Sponsor

Default atk

Did you guys ever see the titanium framed bike in 2008. I was at the Indy show and happens to see it. It looked nice with online stuff. The frame was a perimeter style frame. Not sure what came of it but at least they were taking a step at" different". Its ashame that manufacturers have to do this when we have so much talent in the usa. I will never go outside usa for production.
Ride with confidence again!

Made in the USA
Old 11-28-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy-Seals View Post
Did you guys ever see the titanium framed bike in 2008. I was at the Indy show and happens to see it. It looked nice with online stuff. The frame was a perimeter style frame. Not sure what came of it but at least they were taking a step at" different". Its ashame that manufacturers have to do this when we have so much talent in the usa. I will never go outside usa for production.
That was a Highland, no idea why ATK didn't go further with it. Looks like a great bike. It became US Highland, then the unfortunate accident with the owners happened.

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/20...ulsa-oklahoma/

http://bajasafari.blogspot.com/2010/...torcycles.html

Old 11-30-2011, 07:59 PM

I heard a couple of big-wigs from Highland died in a plane crash,maybe Highland died with them.I have read a bit about Highland,they had a quad made up of an old Cannondale frame sporting a Highland engine.