Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:58 PM

Default ISDE 2007 - La Serena, Chile

Hi guys,
Just a quick note. I´m in La Serena, Chile now (and using a spanish keyword...¡yeehaw!). Got my bike impounded and myself signed in today so everything is going well. Test track is very, very sandy (think Florida, only worse) but it looks like only the special tests and select beach sections will be like that.

Anyways, I have a team meeting to go to and lots of things to get taken care of. Ride reports will come in December!

Thanks for all the support!

Steve

Old 11-08-2007, 04:34 PM

You go boy!

Break a leg (it's only a figure of expression).

'06 Raga Rep

(hopefully '08 EC200 & '10 TXT Pro 250 soon)
Old 11-08-2007, 04:46 PM

Steve,

What is the fuel situation? In Brazil the local brew was a high ethanol blend, and a couple guys that didn't jet richer or wait for the US fuel blew their bikes up. Same sand/beach track too, worst case.

Good Luck!
Old 11-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Site Sponsor

Here are some notes on whats happening here in Chile. I'm a little pressed for time so I'll try and add comments as the week goes by.

The fuel is actually pretty good. 97 octane is available at most gas stations and jetting issues have been minimal, at least in the US pits.

Day 1 and 2 are going to be very sandy, with Days 3, 4 and 5 being more rocky.

Each day (at least Day 1-5) begins and ends with a sand cross test located just outside of Parc Ferme. That means with 550 riders that test alone could have 10,000 tire tracks across it by the end of the week.

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist
Old 11-09-2007, 08:18 AM

Steve,
Bring home the GOLD. O and have lot's of fun!!!!
You will be in our prayers.
Lee,
Old 11-13-2007, 02:15 PM

I hate to be he bearer of bads news but it looks as though Stephan is out with a DNF. Here is a copy of an email I received from the CDN Team.

Quote:
Hello all,

Later as planned, the hotel set up a video conferende in the internetroom this morning, we decided to go to a internet cafe instead but after I almost finished my story that computer crashed, during our second attempt we got a phone call that Jesse was having problems and had to rush back to impound.
This morning everything was still fine, no problems. All riders started with no problems, having the first test just after the impound some riders did even a short work out (push ups). The Swedish riders besides us had a competition who could do the most push ups, great to watch.
The weather cleared after 10.00, so lots of sunscreen for check crews and riders. At 13.00 we got a call that Jesse was still missing on check 3 and we started to make some calls. It turned out he fell of a mountain and got stuck in the undergrowth and lost so much time to get out that he houred out, luckily he was together with 4 other riders so they could help eachother. He came riding back to impound around 14.30 very dissapointed. During impounding the throphy Team we got word that Stephen had prolems on the beach close to our favorite Italian resaurant, his bike got seezed (? do not know the spelling) so Bill Cooper got off to get him. Unfortunately two clubriders out already, we try and get them riding both tomorrow again.
All Throphy Team riders had a great ride, only Michel, he enterd a check early so got 60 route points (too bad), Bob Reed forgot to pump his breaks after changing both tires, ran into some chilian persons, he was alright, but some of ther persons involved at the accident had to be taken to the hospital. All riders find the sand difficult riding, very dusty so a lot of filter changing is going on.
Hopefully we have a better day tomorrow.

Please let me know if you want to know more about your rider, I will try and answer your question or send him your cheers.

Good night and talk to you tomorrow.

Bettie
Old 11-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

That is sad news. He still gets the gold for just being there!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:20 PM

Yeah, the #&%$ing bike seized less than 5 miles from the end of day 1. It was weird, I rode the shit out of the bike all day (including some road sections) and it was fine, then cruising on the beach (6th gear, 1/4 to 1/2 throttle) it all of a sudden locked up. I got the piston free, but there's absolutely no compression. I started to push the bike to try and make it back to impound without houring out, but no luck. The sand was too soft/deep. Up to that point I had only dropped 2 minutes on the day (got stuck in the only mud hole in Chile) and was feeling great.

The only explanation is maybe the jetting was too lean, but the plug doesn't look white.

Thanks for all the support guys, sorry I let you down.

Steve

FYI: I'm going to Greece next year for redemption.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:33 PM

Sad news. Enjoy the rest of the trip the best you can.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyManiac View Post

Thanks for all the support guys, sorry I let you down.

Steve

FYI: I'm going to Greece next year for redemption.
You didn't let me down! Sorry to hear of your bad luck. I'm sure there is still lots to enjoy down there.