Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 08-05-2009, 11:54 PM

Default Fuel lines - Inside or outside of frame?

Here is a new one:

My 03 FSE 400 has started leaking fuel and I have traced it to a hole in the fuel line. Basically these lines run from the fuel pump, outside of the frame and to the injector. Where the line goes past the frame, it has rubbed against the plastic tank covers and worn through. The RHS line is showing the same wear, though hasn't started leaking yet

I did a quick search, but couldn't find any similar threads. Should these lines run inside the frame rather than outside? It seems pretty vulnerable to have this setup. I've ordered replacement lines, but I'm wondering if it is just bad design or the old ones have been installed in correctly (they have been like this since I bought the bike)

Thanks
Luke

Old 08-06-2009, 04:59 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

The lines are too short to go anywhere else.Just replace and protect as necessary.Easy.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:42 PM

i rung gaffer tape round the lines where they can be damaged just for bit of protection
Old 08-06-2009, 12:44 PM

try some wiring harness wrap, its cheap, and pretty tough, it can even be purchased in plastic and metal incarnations!

FOR THE SECOND TIME 07 EC300 polisport headlight, acerbis taillight ltr pv cover and case saver,trailtech endurance,120z fww, g2 throttle,xr chain puck:
Old 08-29-2009, 11:36 AM

I used a round file and filed a small gap in the plastic radiator shroud to clear the fuel line.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:23 PM

I just used a couple of hose clamps and a piece of rubber tubes over the area. Still need new lines though
Old 09-09-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemillar View Post
Here is a new one:

My 03 FSE 400 has started leaking fuel and I have traced it to a hole in the fuel line. Basically these lines run from the fuel pump, outside of the frame and to the injector. Where the line goes past the frame, it has rubbed against the plastic tank covers and worn through. The RHS line is showing the same wear, though hasn't started leaking yet

I did a quick search, but couldn't find any similar threads. Should these lines run inside the frame rather than outside? It seems pretty vulnerable to have this setup. I've ordered replacement lines, but I'm wondering if it is just bad design or the old ones have been installed in correctly (they have been like this since I bought the bike)

Thanks
Luke
Common problem it seems, I have the same issue but a bit of fuel line is easy to replace!

Dan