Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 10-21-2009, 07:45 PM

Default Leaking fuel lines.

OK, so this past Sunday I go riding with two guys I've never ridden with before. As soon as I gas it to leave the truck the bike stalls and gas is spewing all over the top of the engine. I notice the fuel line leaking beside the band clamp at the injector, I said to the guys, go for a half an hour loop and I'll be ready. So I find two small leaks at the band clamp, cut it a little shorter, reattach, I'm tightening the last screw and the two guys come back and I'm ready to ride. Four miles into the ride my bike stalls and gas is spewing all over my engine, now there are two new leaks in the middle of my fuel line, no fixing it this time, I'm done. An hour and a half of towing, a huge thank you, a couple of beers and I'm out of there. I'm sure now that there are two guys who don't think much of GasGas...lol. Anyways, my dealer says that to replace the two lines on either side of the quick disconnect I have to buy a kit that cost about $100. Have any of you been able to buy just the lines?

Old 10-26-2009, 07:30 PM

Default fuel lines

I bought a set of lines from Go Fasters then put some tape on the lines were they hit the frame.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasit16 View Post
I bought a set of lines from Go Fasters then put some tape on the lines were they hit the frame.
How much were the lines?
Mine didn't rub through to cause a leak, I believe they just dry rotted, the leaks were in various places.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:24 PM

I can not remember how much thy were but you can call Go Fasters. I think they are around $80.00.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:08 PM

I've already got the kit, I just thought it sucked that I couldn't get the lines only and had to get the kit with the throttle body connection,quick disconnect, fuel pump connection which were still in good shape. I'm pretty sure my dealer ordered them from GoFasters. Either way, the parts shipped in 4 days and I was up and running by the following weekend, another example of Gasser parts being shipped quickly when riders on other brands think Gasser parts are hard to get...
Old 10-28-2009, 09:50 PM

A frend of mine is still wating for yam parts.