Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 11-01-2009, 03:14 AM

Default help and advice please 400 output shaft

well since my last post i have now rebuilt the gearbox that gecided to friction weld 1st gear to the main shaft.

question is now how much end float should the output shaft have so if you have a 400 please could you help me by measureing the amount of float if you push and pull the engine sprocket how much does the shaft move in and out please

another question is do all 400's smoke on start up from cold, mine is fine after about 1 min warm up has new rings valve stem seals and good compression

can anyone tell me the function of the ball bearing and the spring that fits in an adjacent hole to the oil intake line is this some type of pressure release valve my spring looks like someone has stretched it i dont realy undersand what this ball does i have good oil cirulation (now) and am useing Rock oil TRM which is brilliant and has quietened the engine

haveing just read another thread can anyone please confirm how much engine oil should i be putting in my bike the manual i have says 1.8 lts i wonder if i am putting in too much oil?

all help will be appreciated as i am fast loosing the will to live with this bike (until i ride it next)