Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-07-2018, 07:27 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by singletracker View Post
There was a time when that sounded pretty appealing, but I don't want to use the clutch that much these days. I feel like a larger bore or 4 stroke is more versatile for the type of riding I want to do.
I fully agree with the 125 being more effort to ride, but I recently did a rebuild on a 2003 yz144 and I was very impressed with the amount of low end torque and midrange. It was night and day different from the base 125. If you get the chance you may like want to swing a leg over one and give it a try. My friend with the 1998 EC250 liked it so much he bought a 144 the next weekend.

I plan to do a 144 kit on my God daughters GG MC125 over the winter.

Old 08-07-2018, 09:38 AM

I have a 2011 EC250 e-start, and recently revalved the 45mm Zokes myself.

With my forks now behaving like they're supposed to, I personally can't see the Ranger providing any significant upgrade over my 2011, other than maybe weight (which I haven't heard an estimate yet).

My revalved 45mm Zokes and stock Ohlins shock works great for trail work.

The 250 has PLENTY of torque and power for slow, technical work, as well as more open stuff.

It already has a low seat and excellent handling.

The brakes and clutch work fantastically.

After stretching the bendix spring, my e-start works perfectly 100% of the time. AND I still have a kicker.

The weight is the only thing not 'perfect' about my 2011, but it's still in line with most other bikes on the market.

So while the Ranger is a really cool bike, that I'm glad GasGas decided to make, that will almost certainly outperform the Freeride and X-trainer, I see it as basically a 2010-2011 remake with a few tweaks.

I'm much more interested in a lightweight, updated suspension, e-start 200, which hopefully the US will get some of next year.

And if GasGas should happen to be reading this, PLEASE don't take the kickstarters off the EC/XC models. I saw multiple bikes at our local enduro this past weekend get DNFs because the battery died on their e-start only model bikes, including one pro that was heading towards a top 10, maybe top 5 finish. Literally no one is asking manufacturers to take them off, so it'd be great if you'd hold strong and leave them on.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky98gt View Post
So while the Ranger is a really cool bike, that I'm glad GasGas decided to make, that will almost certainly outperform the Freeride and X-trainer, I see it as basically a 2010-2011 remake with a few tweaks.
That's pretty much what I'm thinking right now also. I wish I had e-start with a kicker backup now that I'm not as worried about a little extra weight.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:09 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky98gt View Post
And if GasGas should happen to be reading this, PLEASE don't take the kickstarters off the EC/XC models. I saw multiple bikes at our local enduro this past weekend get DNFs because the battery died on their e-start only model bikes, including one pro that was heading towards a top 10, maybe top 5 finish. Literally no one is asking manufacturers to take them off, so it'd be great if you'd hold strong and leave them on.
I can't agree enough with this.. PLEASE leave them on!
Old 08-08-2018, 08:48 AM

https://enduro21.com/index.php/40-ge...-ranger-tested

First test of the Ranger

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2018, 06:03 PM

Ya know, I might appreciate a different type of motor behavior for racing vs trail riding (depending on the group).

I wonder if the Ranger pipe could fit on the XC/EC line as the Beta RR is swapable with the X-Trainer? And if so, what would the power delivery look like?
Old 08-08-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRickD View Post
Ya know, I might appreciate a different type of motor behavior for racing vs trail riding (depending on the group).

I wonder if the Ranger pipe could fit on the XC/EC line as the Beta RR is swapable with the X-Trainer? And if so, what would the power delivery look like?
Take a hammer and put a big 'ol dent in that shiny EC pipe and you'll prob'ly find out quick like.
Old 08-08-2018, 08:43 PM

It had crossed my mind.
Old 08-08-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRickD View Post
It had crossed my mind.
I have four quite large dents in my pipe from slamming into some big rock gardens with no regard for my motorcycle and limited riding abilities...

Can't notice a huge difference but do see some.
I spoke with HydraForce Pipe repair and they developed a kit for the 2018 GasGas bikes. I have the first one on order. You'll be sure to see a review when I get it!
Old 08-08-2018, 09:30 PM

Whatz it do ??