Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:40 AM

Default Overflow issue and bog

I went out to ride the bike the other day and it was bogging bad off the bottom end, once in the powerband all was good.

When I parked the gas was overflowing terribly...almost as if the overflow line couldn't keep up. It is a 2010 so I am pretty sure the needle and seat are fine...but I will check.

My question is that could extreme bowl height affect the off idle performance. It was working like a champ last time and it doesn't seem that bowl height would play into it...hence the question.

I anxiously await the myriad of answers...

Old 10-05-2011, 07:49 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Bog of bottom like that suggests a lean pilot circuit. The confusing thing is that you seem to have a float needle issue which should make it rich. I assume you know your jetting is good for the cooler temps we are having now so I would focus on your float/needle setting.

If you have not been doing anything to treat the ethanol in the gas then that may be the issue with your float needle. I would pull the carb and check your float height and look at the needle. If in doubt just replace it.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:31 AM

I raised my pilot from a 40 to 42 or 42 to 45...can't remember...only 2 weeks ago and it ran great. I am pretty sure jetting is pretty dang close.

I am just wondering if it is TOO rich and if the bowl height has anything to do with that. The gas is about 2 weeks old, and I put stabil in it at the time. I have needles that leak and this isn't that...I is POURING out the overflow
Old 10-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

OK, so it seems like nothing should be wrong, but overflow really bad. I would still pull the carb and inspect the float needle. You could test by connecting the supply line to the carb and open the fuel petcock and see if you can stop the flow of fuel by moving the float. If not, your problem is probably that the needle isn't seating right , if so then you may have a bad float.

Of course do this in a well ventilated area over a bucket.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:20 AM

K...thanks