Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:55 PM

Default Steering lock removal

It took me 1 day to break my new bike. I was trying to lock the steering, let go of the bars and the bars came around and sheared the key off in the lock. (2012 300 ec). It looks like some kind of pin, almost looks like a rivet, holds it in somehow. What is the best way to get these out? If I order a new lock will it come with this pin? The lock appears to be about 30 bux on gofasters, I assume it comes with keys.
Thanks

Old 03-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlitzy View Post
It took me 1 day to break my new bike. I was trying to lock the steering, let go of the bars and the bars came around and sheared the key off in the lock. (2012 300 ec). It looks like some kind of pin, almost looks like a rivet, holds it in somehow. What is the best way to get these out? If I order a new lock will it come with this pin? The lock appears to be about 30 bux on gofasters, I assume it comes with keys.
Thanks
You don't need the steering stem lock unless you plan on dual sporting the bike and leaving out unattended somewhere. I tried to get mine to lock and it never would.

You busy monday? I'm meeting a friend at MM4 to do some riding on some new single track.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Mine works just fine. Or at least it did the one time I tried it before hanging one set of keys in the spares bin, and the other in my tool roll. I figure the only time I'd consider using it is if for some strange reason I have to abandon it in the bush somewhere.

If mine was damaged I'd just leave it be. Tried using a really strong magnet to pull the broken part back out?
Old 03-08-2013, 07:59 PM

Gotta work Monday but I am trying to get guys together to go riding Saturday or Sunday. The lock bothers me. The broken key is in it and at one time it actually locked up, I put the bike on the kickstand and it unlocked, wouldn't be much fun while moving/riding. Any interest in a weekend ride?
Old 03-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Banned

I can probably do sunday 17th? Can finalize this next week.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Mine works just fine. Or at least it did the one time I tried it before hanging one set of keys in the spares bin, and the other in my tool roll. I figure the only time I'd consider using it is if for some strange reason I have to abandon it in the bush somewhere.

If mine was damaged I'd just leave it be. Tried using a really strong magnet to pull the broken part back out?
I tried a strong magnet with no joy. I will keep my eyes open for a stronger one.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
I can probably do sunday 17th? Can finalize this next week.
Gotta work but should have the GG all legal by then.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlitzy View Post
Gotta work but should have the GG all legal by then.
Still waiting on getting mine all legal like.....hint hint