Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 06-29-2008, 10:04 AM

Default Adjustable power valve cover

Hi there just been looking on this web site www.trailendurodirect.com and they have an adjustable power valve cover made by a firm called Trusty .Not a company I've heard of .Just wondered if any one has tried one .I'm looking to get my 300EC to hookup better in the wet
Old 06-29-2008, 12:27 PM

I'm sure others would be very interested (I am) in a first hand report of how well it really works. Problem is that it's so darn expensive (especially in US dollars) that it's hard to justify purchasing. If it made a HUGE change from one range to the other that would be interesting.

Someone mentioned they were used on the team GG bikes in WEC competition so maybe it does really alter the power delivery enough to help out in the extreme tests where you almost need trials bike traction sometimes.

Skidad
Old 10-27-2008, 11:35 AM

Smile Trusty powervalve cover

I have a trusty adjustable powervalve cover installed an my 300 ec ,2006 model. When I first thought about getting it I was concerned about how much difference it would make,compared to the cost. Previously I had an ltr cover which seemed to help bottom end thrust with the extra capacity.But the trusty one also has the larger capacity plus the adjustability. It has 10 settings. Turned down to 6 it runs like a trials bike,. Turned back up to the zero setting it runs just like stock .And turned around to -3 it runs more like a motocross bike . Now i have a bike for every situation just with the turn of a dial .
Old 11-30-2008, 04:02 AM

Does anyone know how it does it?
Old 11-30-2008, 06:30 AM

Sean, do you have the dual map ignition?
When I first got my 300 I was always running it in rain mode cause I really liked the massive torque, but found it caused too much instant wheelspin in slippery conditions. I've found it better only in real tight high traction situations. I've since been using it in the sunny setting a lot, especially when its greasy. It really softens the off idle hit for more slow speed traction, and there is still plenty of instant power for getting over obsticles (more like a 250 feel), plus it doesn't flatten out in the upper mid revs like the rainy setting. This is assuming its jetted correctly. The LTR needle made it run a lot better all round too.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:59 PM

Do I take it that, no body knows how it works?