Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 02-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Gas Gas Gathering Oregon

Since a couple of key players are going to be UA for this weekends event, I propose we do it again, only this time in Oregon. I can think of several places we could host it. First that comes to mind is Rock Hill, home of ETRA's National Hare Scramble of a couple years ago. Gary from Gran Prix Cycle has connections and told me he could likely pull that off for us. It's a pay to play riding area, but I think Gary can get us all a free day. If anyone is interested, let me know. I'll be happy to host.

If not Rock Hill, which has two MX tracks, and also trails, then there are many many epic places to ride in Oregon. Not the least of which is China Hat, with it's 315 miles of mapped, marked trails. Or my back yard, Shotgun Creek. That's for the more advanced riders if anyone likes self torture.

OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs

Old 02-18-2010, 11:31 AM

What time of the year did you have in mind??
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 02-18-2010, 11:34 AM

I'm definitely in on an Oregon ride.

I've been to all but Shotgun and would love to check that area out. What about upper Nestuca?
Old 02-18-2010, 12:29 PM

I would try and make it for sure. With my unemployment situation it can be difficult though, never know what I am going to be doing...
Old 02-18-2010, 05:13 PM

I would come down, but I would need someone to put up with me for more than one day of riding so I get my fill. A whole weekend. Maybe even 3 days. I get most Fridays off from April through October.

I'd bring the Gas Gas sport (motorhome) down and stay. Maybe ride a couple different places.

It would all depend on the timing if I would be able to swing it. If it don't conflict with my busy schedule I'm definitely game.

Does Oregon honor Washington's tabs. ?

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 02-18-2010, 07:25 PM

rxbandit....we may be able to share a ride if this works for both of us. I have a 2 bike trailer.

If I'm going to make a road trip...I'd like to ride for at least 2 days.....dry camping is not a problem for me.....have cot and will travel
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 02-18-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
rxbandit....we may be able to share a ride if this works for both of us. I have a 2 bike trailer.

If I'm going to make a road trip...I'd like to ride for at least 2 days.....dry camping is not a problem for me.....have cot and will travel
Sweet. I have a three bike as well if we find another rider wanting to make the trip.
Yeah multi-day would be much needed to make the brutal drive through 55 mph land acceptable .
Old 02-21-2010, 06:50 PM

I wanted to make the ride this weekend, but was just finishing my city league ski racing on friday night and my front shocks are at ltr getting set up right now as well, and I'm not that good at wheelies. I could put a few up, as I live pretty close to mike (aka roostafish) so count me in for a soon to be oregon gasgas ride.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:11 PM

I'm thinking May. June is full for me with Idaho qualifier, Funky Chicken, and a triathlon. April is full of events too. Mid summer gets closed down for fire danger.

Multi days riding is cool for the travelers, we can work something out. Upper Nestucca is a great idea, Shotgun is too. Shotgun would be best to attack with a group of less than 10. The best stuff all requires an eye patch to ride, but it's well worth it.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 02-22-2010, 10:55 AM

May sounds good...will it be dusty in May? Don't laugh... As long as it is all single track, I am game!
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S