Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:24 AM

Default AC and DC Questions

I have an 07 EC250 with the 2k-3 that I am thinking of adding some lighting (headlight, tailight, indicators, horn, etc) to.

My question for you. I noticed on the wiring schematic that there is a white wire coming off of the stator that is not used for anything. Can I leave the ignition as AC (using the current yellow wire coming off of the stator), and then use the white wire coming off of the stator to convert to DC to run lights, as long as I don't ground anything to the frame on the DC side?

I am thinking this would allow me to use separate wiring and not have to tap into the stock wiring.

Would the yellow and white wires need to be separated within the stator for this to work?

Thoughts?

Old 05-07-2011, 02:48 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Check the Dc conversion thread on here mate.A good read which will leave you with a couple of options.
Cheers Mark
Old 05-07-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy08 View Post
Can I leave the ignition as AC (using the current yellow wire coming off of the stator), and then use the white wire coming off of the stator to convert to DC to run lights, as long as I don't ground anything to the frame on the DC side? Would the yellow and white wires need to be separated within the stator for this to work?
The ignition has nothing to do with the yellow (or white) wire. Both the white and yellow are AC stator outputs for lighting etc. Both are referenced to ground, but cannot be used in parallel. The stator does not need to be modified. The simplest method is to use the Trailtech rectifier fed by only the white wire (the other side of the input is ground). Make sure the output of the Trailtech rectifier is NOT grounded anywhere. JohnM has a good explanation in his topic.
http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7900

The Estart bikes are little different because they must carry a frame ground to operate the starter motor.