Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-03-2011, 04:43 PM

Default Got my bike plated, but now what?

Well, I was able to walk into my local DMV and get a plate for my DE300.

Now all I want is to be able to link trails and hit some country roads to get to trails.

Being a DE300, I have a 2k2 stator, so I am wondering if I put on turn signals and a horn, will I have enough juice to power them?

Also, where can I pick up just the horn and signals for a Gasgas? Will EC gear work on a DE? Or can I just pick up some from signals and a horn from Tusk or Baja Designs, etc.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:08 PM

For what it's worth, I once owned a 90 Yamaha WRA 250 that was Allan Roach's (Baja Designs) trusty steed, one of his early dual sport kitted 2 strokes. It had an A-Loop flywheel and rewound stator. I had turn signal and a horn as well and plated for California.

The wirning was very simple and the blinkers were tucked in so tight that they did not get in the way when riding off road.

I would give the Baja Design's crew a call and get some blinkers and horn and hit the road.

I used to dual sport my WRA and I have rode a few several hundered dual sport rides with the Team Dual Dogs down in So. Ca.

There is NOTHING better than riding a legal 2 stroke on the road!!! I ran MT 21's all the time which are a DOT tire.

I have kicked myself in the butt many times for selling that bike!

Just do it, and enjoy!
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 09-03-2011, 10:39 PM

Default Try this::

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GasGa...item2a13bb22c4

on e b a y, check to see if it is a 2K3... That also looks like a flywheel weight that comes with it..