Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 08-10-2015, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAl View Post
That would be awesome!
Heres is my new ecu map BIN.
http://www.megafileupload.com/dk2q/new_ecu_map.bin
Thank you very much for your time.
Hey man, I'm just going to copy the FSE400 Fuel Table into your BIN. It should work at least for the mean time

Shouldn't take too long

EDIT:
I have put the Fuel Tables from the FSE400 file into the Piaggio file as you wanted, however I wouldn't expect it to work all that well as there are a lot of other things that will be different and cause errors in fuel calculation.

IT's worth a shot I guess.
XDF
BIN

Also, I won't be surprised if you can't upload the BIN you Read from the ECU the first time. I tihnk you probably have a similar issue like what I was having, turned out a chip (LM339) died in my cable

See how you go anyway

Last edited by MercyFlush; 08-10-2015 at 03:43 AM.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:40 AM

Thank you very much! Im still at university, will get back home and will try to upload it. I bought new cable , should arrive in few days. That is the thing that i can upload the map i read from ecu, but not any other map. Will keep you updated. Thank you again.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Thank you very much! Im still at university, will get back home and will try to upload it. I bought new cable , should arrive in few days. That is the thing that i can upload the map i read from ecu, but not any other map. Will keep you updated. Thank you again.
Hmm, very interesting. The fact you can upload that BIN but no others makes me think it's something more software based (still possible it's a hardware thing). It may have to do with the way the BIN is constructed for the Scooter ECU. The code seems to be in different locations that what the gasgas uses, however I am pretty sure this should not be a problem as the code is merely pointing to itself.

Did you say you got a 450 BIN to upload correctly? Maybe we can just pull some fuel out of that to get you going.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:56 AM

Ok so I am back home now. I uploaded the map to ecu. No errors. Now i will go to my garage,because its 10 miles from me and I will let you know if everything works. I am not sure about 450 map, as i cant remember if it was actual map or copied values from 450 to old ecu map. Thanks
Ok so im in my garage now. Fuel pump works then ignition switched on, i can control fuel pump and injector from GuziDiag, but then I am kicking it, im pretty sure that fuel pump and injector is not working. Any suggestions? Thanks
Edit: checked for spark and there is no spark.

Last edited by RoyalAl; 08-10-2015 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Ok so I am back home now. I uploaded the map to ecu. No errors. Now i will go to my garage,because its 10 miles from me and I will let you know if everything works. I am not sure about 450 map, as i cant remember if it was actual map or copied values from 450 to old ecu map. Thanks
Ok so im in my garage now. Fuel pump works then ignition switched on, i can control fuel pump and injector from GuziDiag, but then I am kicking it, im pretty sure that fuel pump and injector is not working. Any suggestions? Thanks
Edit: checked for spark and there is no spark.
Hmmm,

If you're not getting spark, I suggest cleaning the original plug and grounding it to the frame and test the spark that way. If still no go, then I suggest trying the original Piaggio BIN again and see if you get spark back. If so then something very odd is going on with the ECU and it does't seem to want to accept the modified BINs.

The Piaggio ECU probably has very different code for things like Temperature control, Warmup enrichment and so on. Potentially the BIN is waiting for some other function to begin spark, maybe some sort of immobiliser or something.

Can you see if the 450 BIN uploads? If it did *work* but was just really rich, then that is potentially an easy fix! But if it was just the fuel tables you copied over then it suggests that the BIN I sent you should be still giving you spark.

If the 450 BIN does not upload then I fear you will need to have the GasGas BIN modified to the same sort of *structure* as the Piaggio one. If you were to open a GasGas BIN and a Piaggio BIN in a hex editor, you will see that the code is in very different places. I'm not saying this IS the issue, but it looks like it could be part of the problem.

Firstly I think you should really figure out if the spark issue is ECU side or if its a failure somewhere else. Make SURE to check the resistance of the spark plug lead going from the coil to the spark plug, it should be around 5K-10K Ohms or so. I was having spark issues for a while and it turned out to be that cable was faulty.

As always let us know how you go
Old 08-11-2015, 11:35 AM

The spark problem is because of wrong map i am pretty sure as, lead and plug are both ok. Then i connect with GuziDiag ignition, fuel pump and injector are working fine then you test them. But then you starting nothing happens.
450 map wont upload.
Is it possible for me to modify the map so that would everything would work?
Old 08-11-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
The spark problem is because of wrong map i am pretty sure as, lead and plug are both ok. Then i connect with GuziDiag ignition, fuel pump and injector are working fine then you test them. But then you starting nothing happens.
450 map wont upload.
Is it possible for me to modify the map so that would everything would work?
Yes it is potential, it is also possible that the software is not allowing it.

I think at this point it will be worth while for you to email the dev yourself and see if it is possible for him to get the software to accept your BIN, or find out if it's something else. The errors shown in the IAW programs could be just a preventative measure to stop you from accidentally writing a Piaggio BIN to your GasGas, so maybe it'll be as simple as to be able to bypass this.

The email you should reach out to is guzzidiag@gmail.com

Provide him with the details and what went wrong etc and I'm sure he will let you know the best course of action.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I just don't have enough time to spend on figuring this one out for you. The dev will get it sorted a LOT faster, and he knows a GREAT deal about it
Old 08-12-2015, 04:56 AM

Thank you for your time. I will email developer now and I hope he is going to reply to me. I found another fse400 ecu on ebay, but I cant afford to buy one at the moment. Will let you know how I am doing with my bike. Thanks
Old 08-12-2015, 06:26 PM

Thanks a million! I'll be sure to check back when I have some data to share.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:10 AM

Hi everyone. Contacted developer and he changed bootloader to fit my ecu, as apparently they were different from fse400 map. Now everything works. Putting back all bike today and everything should be fine. Thanks a lot MercyFlush!!!

Tags
ecu, fse, iaw15p, obd, tune