Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:57 AM

Default piston 300 wild HP quad

ok so i have compression and the bike goes ok at full noise but has no mid power, and doesn't pull like it used too, when its facing down hill on a moderate slope it rocks over in gear so it is losing compression somewhere, I was going to change the rings in hope it might give me some more compression and more power, my nikasil is ok i suppose but was i was thinking is do i put a new pison and rings but do i bother with the nikasil, has anyone gone to a bigger piston in the 300 with no nikasil and if so what did you use and how did you do it. not all 2 strokes run it so i was wondering why we do. any help would be appreciated.

cheers bill

Old 01-19-2011, 11:02 AM

get someone to check the cilinder for wear on the nicasil.
then get it measured properly and then decide wich over size piston to order.
if your piston is just in there, then you could maybe give it a try with only new rings...
Old 02-03-2011, 10:53 PM

almost all modern engines run nikasil because the bore lasts alot longer than the older borable cyliders. you normally just have to very lightly hone a nikasil cylinder instead of the old days of having the cylinder bored the next size at every rebuild.
you could have a borable sleeve installed in your cylinder but i wouldnt recomend it.