Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:26 AM

Default '12 innards

New clutch basket exposed. Large primary flywheel weight explains why the bike feels like it has more weight than the 2K-2 and 10 0z I added would indicate, it does! This weight has to be 12 oz. PV governor has no shims, adjusted and operates well.

Edit: I have some kind of problem between my Android phone, my MAC, and this site that causes the pics to be flipped when attached. Sorry, I can't tell until they are posted. If I open and re-save the raw files it does not seem to happen, like the clutch pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20120810_185315.jpg (113.7 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20120810_190727.jpg (111.0 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20120810_185328.jpg (124.0 KB, 74 views)

Old 08-11-2012, 11:21 AM

Wow. That's a lot of holes for oil flow. Does it seem to work and are those fingers strong enough to take the load over time?

What fly wheel weights are on the 2012 250 and 300?

Power Valve. I should would like to have one that is adjustable. In some situations I'd like to slow it way down.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:00 PM

The basket has a nice hard coating on it. Only time will tell if its reliable with the holes, but its thicker material than a typical Japaneese OEM basket. Clutch works excellent in every way.

The cover started to weep a bit, so I took the opportunity to lap it flat on the glass coffee table while the wife was out. Its very sturdy polymer, but is far from square. It took a long time to get perfectly flat, but I'm confident it will be fine now just like the ignition covers that seal tight once lapped.

As far as FW weights, I assume this primary weight is the new standard, that replaced the old 8oz eccentric that was used since '01. My particular bike came with the 2K-2, only one we have heard of yet. I like it. If your dead set on estart then your locked into the 2K-3, no option there, you need it for the gear.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:37 PM

I'm considering the 300E for the electrical system, lighting, for dual sport and the Arizona night rides (hot in the daytime).

I think the FWW will be a bit heavy for me, as I have ridden five other 300s from '99, '08 and '11 and have sometimes felt a slightly lighter FWW would do the trick in certain situation. But, perhaps with a head/carb mod it'll be able to pull through it.