Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 09-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default 24 hours of Starvation ridge

Any Gas Gas riders gonna check it out this year. This is a super event!
I cant wait! I'm looking forward to it as I always do.
There is just something about team races that make them stand above the rest..... camaraderie.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Old 09-09-2008, 06:13 PM

There isnt alot of info to be had, like how many riders to a team etc. Where is that info.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:10 PM

Hey Nick, this race would be right up your ally. Desert style terraign. This race is very fun, a carnival type atmosphere, with its huge pit row.

Some of the special adition obsticals out on the prairie include things like riding through a barn and a small farm house. A fire jump, haunted woods( a decorated oak tree patch). Briar patch, rock gardens. Farm road straight away with radar trailer, and usualy 17 to 20 mile laps depending on what they throw in.

Iron Man or 6 to a team or less is the requirement. 100 team limit so entrys must be in soon, as it is starting to fill up.

One of these years I would like to get a team of Gas Gas expert riders together to compete. The past 5 I have been captain of a team I have devised souly of members of my club. This year I have put together 2 teams 1 for the club class and one for 30+ expert.

Here is some info to check out, also link below:

2008 STARVATION RIDGE 24 HOUR RULES AND INFORMATION

Welcome to the 2008 24 Hours of Starvation Ridge Team Race. We have worked hard to make this the premier event in the Northwest. We hope that you enjoy our efforts.

New for 2008:
Transponders will be exchanged in your pit. THERE WILL BE NO RUNNING THE TRANSPONDER TO A WAITING RIDER.

The first 10 pits on the North side are short pits. The boundary of those pits is the road. Over flow parking will be in the field to the North. There will be no parking in the Vender area.

There will be no vehicles or bikes parked in the fire lanes.

Sign-up/pit designation will be at the big trailer. The entry trailer will also have the pit designations. The pits have a pit sign with your team number on it on pit row. You cannot switch pits with another team. Waiver forms must be signed by all team members to get your bag of goodies. In each bag will be your transponder belt, shirts if you pre-registered and candy (maybe). If you need to switch shirt sizes you can do that at Eddies kitchen to the North of the sign up trailer as long as we have shirts in stock. There are also other OTBG merchandise for sale. If you did not have your team numbers pre-made we will issue you our famous temporary yellow number stickers

Do not leave your garbage on the ground!!! The coyotes and wind will scatter it. We will have a garbage trailer available, but would really appreciate it if you hauled out your own.

We have spent weeks working on this year’s course. There are 3 loops. We have successfully used three loops since 2004. Using the loops lengthens the course out to make it safer and more interesting, provides pit people with more viewing ops and makes it easier to keep tabs on riders. We will be going through the farmhouse and barn again. Be sure to DUCK when you go into the barn.

Be careful of the thorns in Grayson’s Briar patch. When you get to the Pumpkin Patch be careful that you don’t pick any pumpkins. We will also be running Scott’s Rock Garden. The race will not be won there, but it can be lost. Take the time to pick a smooth line through it. Keep in mind that you can use the entire space between the stakes.

You must run through the DITCH! If there is a bottleneck, you can go up and around, but must immediately go back into the ditch. Be wary of a pile of rocks halfway through the ditch.

Remember that the berms of the ponds look like jumps. There is probably water on the other side. Jump if you must, we will happily pull you out after suitable pictures are taken. We also have a lifejacket that must be autographed by all that take the plunge.

GRASS TRACK Do not go outside the mowed path. We frequently use natural obstacles to mark corners. Big rocks, fence posts, barrels, gullies, barb wire piles, are all used to mark boundaries. We had one rider break his back this spring when he was off the marked path and hit a big rock at speed. Don’t risk your life and safety cutting the course.Not to mention we will DQ the whole team if we catch someone cheating.

Weather permitting, we will have a fire obstacle.

There are mileposts on the course. Please refer to them when letting us know about downed riders, cheaters, or just really cool sections.

YOU CANNOT RIDE YOUR BIKE INTO THE PITS FROM LOOP 1 OR 2 WITHOUT LOSING A LAP! You can leave your bike and run in for parts/help, run back/fix the problem and continue with no penalty. If the bike comes into the pits from loop 1 or 2, you lose that lap. If a bike breaks down on the course, OTBG personnel must direct retrieval. The lap the bike is on will not be counted, regardless of completing 1 or 15 miles of that lap. You can run the transponder in to your team with the loss of that lap to get your team going. You can then, with the help of OTBG staff, retrieve your bike. Be sure to let the home check know what you are doing so we don’t penalize you when we look at lap times. Our software has features that allow us to look at suspect lap times. Abnormal lap times may be thrown out. Remember that any time you do not complete the entire lap you will lose that lap!

Any course cutting will result in the entire team being disqualified and stopped from participating at that point. The course cutter can explain to his teammates what he has done to his team. We have spent too much time trying to make the course fun and safe to have people creating their own course. Course cutters will be told to not return! We will not tolerate them.

Stay on the track!! There are rocks, ditches, barbed wire and fences everywhere out there. Our most serious injuries have been when the rider was off course. There are also water bars, tank traps, silt fence and nylon rope mixed with the ribbon to encourage riders to stay on course. We have painted rocks that we haven’t moved to let you know they are there. By no means have we painted all of them. Stay out of the tall grass. There are ditches, big rocks, farm machinery, deer, etc. hiding in there.

Entry into the pits is by the sign up trailer after you have gone through the check. Make certain that your team number appears on the display board before you proceed to the pits. If your team number does not show on the display your lap has not been counted. The staff in the trailer will assist you in getting your transponder to register or enter you manually. Speed limit is 5 mph in the pits and at the checks. This will be strictly enforced. You can be held for up to 5 minutes for speeding, by our pit marshals.

Do not lose your transponder. This is your baton that you pass off when you switch riders.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR TRANSPONDER AT THE CHECK, THE LAP DOES NOT COUNT!! You will not be manually entered until we see the transponder.

YOU CAN MAKE LAPS ALL DAY BUT IF THE TRANSPONDER DOESN”T READ, THE LAP DOESN’T COUNT.
Do not place metal objects next to the transponder. Metal weakens the signal. The transponder must be horizontal and point at the reader to read properly. We will have the antenna reading before the race to test your set-up by going through the home check. Transfer of the transponders will be at your pits. There will be no running the transponder to a waiting rider.

If you find a transponder belt on the course or finish early bring it to one of the east facing windows in the sign up trailer.
DO NOT BRING IT CLOSE TO THE HOME CHECK ANNTENNA!!!
We do not want it to record the transponder and make the displayed positions off.

We will follow OMRA rules where applicable. In the event of a dispute, OTBG will consult and Scott will make the final decision. Anything goes in the pit area as far as help or repairs.

No riding backwards on the course, alongside the course or into/in the pits. You can run in backwards to exchange the transponders; you can leave the bike and run backwards into the pits if you forgot something. No riding against traffic in the pits. There will be no spectators allowed on the track on motorcycles or Rhino’s. Walking is OK as long as you stay off the track. If you need to retrieve a bike contact one of the OTBG staff.

There will be no car traffic allowed on pit row after the race starts. There is extra parking in the field to the North along the road for all over flow parking and support rigs.

If you see someone cutting the course or a cheater line, let us know so we can catch or stop them. There will be sweep riders on the course the entire 24 hours. They will render assistance and contact the medics if needed. This is a 24 Hour race. Don’t block faster riders or slam dunk slower rider. There should be ample passing opportunities. We expect that all riders behave in a sportsman like manner. We will not tolerate overly aggressive behavior on the track.

At the end of the race we will record you as you come through the check and take your transponders. Please turn in your transponder belts at one of the East windows in the sign up trailer if you finish early. DO NOT BRING IT CLOSE TO THE HOME CHECK ANNTENNA!
Please do not take the pit signs. We know who you are!!

Image by You will be photographing the event. You can view the photos of the race at their trailer which will be located up by the sign up trailer through out the race.

The BURGER BUGGY will be open all night for coffee, breakfast and goodies.

We will have an EMT/Ambulance on hand for major injuries and to look at your little owies.

All dogs must be kept on a leash during the race. Please clean up after them.

We expect that all participants and spectators will behave in a sportsman-like manner. We will not tolerate drunken or lewd behavior. Entire teams have been banned from future OTBG events for inappropriate behavior.

We would welcome any suggestions to put on a better event.

Thanks,

OTBG

http://www.overthebarsgang.com/home.php

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 09-19-2008, 03:18 AM

Hey Roscoe, for next year if you want to put together a GasGas team I might be interested.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:51 PM

Cool Steve, I will keep that in mind.
I will need 5 expert level Gas Gas racers to make it happen.
They will need to commit to the team.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:38 AM

I think I am going to do it this year. I am working with Trailtech on getting my 2008 EC300 setup with HID lights. What are you running for lights?
Old 09-24-2008, 08:00 PM

At this point it looks as if I will be running off a 2K2 stator with a Stock 08 headlight shell and 35 watt halogen. I will also be running a trail tech Hid MR16 from a battery pack off my handlebars for distance.

Then 2 chin guard mounted Nite Rider Hid helmet lights also off 2 battery packs.

Not the best light source but it should be more adequate than my last set up which was a 50 watt halogen and the 2 Hid helmet lights.

You on a team or Ironman?

Roscoe

Old 09-24-2008, 09:02 PM

I am going to be on a team. I dont know which one yet but I have been invited by a guy that is running three teams.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
Cool Steve, I will keep that in mind.
I will need 5 expert level Gas Gas racers to make it happen.
They will need to commit to the team.
I have thought about this more for trying to make this happen for next year.

My original statement above is not the only way.

I was thinking if I could not get enough Gas Gas expert riders together. We could get Gas Gas riders of all ability levels and enter the Club class, cause technically were in the same club right." the Gas Gas riders club"

It would still be fun and competitive and get some of us die hard Gas Gas guys together for a good time.

Just remember it is a 24 hour race, good lighting is very necessary to compete. Everyone on the team will have to do their part during the night Portion. 5 Riders per team is optimum but you can have up to 6. At 5 entry is $60
Anyone who would be interested in this event for next year let me know and I will see what I can do if I get enough interest.

Roscoe

Old 10-15-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineman12345678 View Post
I am going to be on a team. I dont know which one yet but I have been invited by a guy that is running three teams.
Find out which team yet. Less than 2 Weeks until BRRAAAAAP!!!

See ya down there?

Roscoe