Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:54 AM

GGMan, I also rode an old Yamaha to school. 76 DT 175. No where near the bike the 79 IT was, but it was a reliable old scoot. Only reason I didn't get kicked out of school for riding a long wheelie in front of the school, beside the full school busses, with most of the students watching was that I was at least smart enough to borrow a full face street bike helmet so they couldn't positively ID me. My principal was so cool, he later told me he knew I did it but no one got hurt, and it was a great wheelie so he let it slide.

Then a riding buddy tried it the following year on an XR 200, and flipped over backwards in front of everyone! He got embarrassed, got road rash, got a spanking, (yes, they still did that in rural Ar. in the 80s), and got expelled for 3 days. And had to buy a new back fender and new set of bars.

Moral of the story? If you're gonna show off, don't screw up, and don't get caught!

Old 11-27-2012, 09:23 AM

Caustic soda (NaOH or Lye) is supposed to be good for decarbonising if left standing for 24hours or so. Not on ali though as it attacks it.

Caustic soda as the name implies is powerful stuff so care and protective gear is needed

Headers aren't ali as far as I know although the tail pipes are.

Viv