Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:54 PM

Glen, Thanks for correcting my error. I edited my original post. I thought I had re-read to make sure I had written it correctly. However I typed the exact opposite of what I meant to state.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:47 PM

so, the verdict...

we disconnected the powervalve push rod and forced it open with a spring.
i took the bike for a testdrive and it seems to have solved the problem, at least most of it... next step is to take a look at the powervalve mechanism and the jetting.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:20 PM

anybody have any idea how to properly adjust the power valve actuator ?
we took the mechanism apart and everything seems ok.
the mechanism itself seems in good condition but it doesn't appear to function properly. the pushrod moves freely up and down. the power valve itself can move from fully closed to fully open without any problem.

we think the problem lies with the axle of the power valve mechanism and more specific the spring or ball bearings. could it be that there is too much spring tension or the weight of the ball bearings is not enough to push the spring all the way in ?
Old 12-17-2012, 01:52 AM

Joyful experience isn't it? You can see this sort of top here on a regular basis...quite frustrating.

My '04 had the exact same symptoms. Oddly the fix happened in stages. The 1st item that made a good improvement was a new PV assembly. It then ran mostly like a 4 stroke, with random 2 stroke bursts when rev'd hard.

The last couple items were to get the little PV rod to have some pre-load(no free play) and replace the carb body. Carb body was the key factor all along.
The float pin was moving around in one of its worn tower holes. The float was moving sideways at mid-range power, which caused a rich condition.

Good luck to you