Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 06-01-2014, 06:27 AM

Default Removal of break pads help 1998 ec250 brembo

Hi all!

Got myself an old ec250 1998 to see if I like green laning. But it needs a little work.
My main issue is I can't seem to get the metal rod out. None of the utube vids have the same type of rod. mine has a smaller whole closest to me with no screw to twist and the other side is almost like a nipple but it's inside the calliper so can't get to it.

Question is after taking the pin out do I just get a back of a nail to put into the small whole and hammer away until the pin pops out the other side? Or is their a better way of doing it? Really don't want to break it!

Thanks again
Mike

Old 06-01-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzez View Post
Hi all!

Got myself an old ec250 1998 to see if I like green laning. But it needs a little work.
My main issue is I can't seem to get the metal rod out. None of the utube vids have the same type of rod. mine has a smaller whole closest to me with no screw to twist and the other side is almost like a nipple but it's inside the calliper so can't get to it.

Question is after taking the pin out do I just get a back of a nail to put into the small whole and hammer away until the pin pops out the other side? Or is their a better way of doing it? Really don't want to break it!

Thanks again
Mike
The rear Brembo pads are held in by a small pin that is secured in place by a clip style pin.

Once that pin is removed you can tap it out using a very small pinch. If i remember correctly there is a indent bearing on on end of the brake pad retaining pin. That small bearing may be rusted or your brake pin might have some serious grooves worn into it?

Might be easier to remove from the bike and work on it on a bench?

I'm sure your going to have to get creative to get it out if it has been neglected over the years.

Hope that helps.
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 06-03-2014, 04:09 AM

spray it with wd40 leave it for a while and tap it out with a small punch from the end with the smallest hole.

throw it away and buy 2 new ones.
http://www.racefxb2b.com/caliper-components/

make sure you copper slip everything to do with the brakes, if you have any damaged rubbers then buy some new ones, if not they will seize again & again.
brembo brake rubbers are expensive though about ?9 each when I bought them.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:39 PM

Thanks guys, got it sorted. You're both rite. Needed a punch, a hammer and some brute force. Thanks again for your help

Tags
break, break pads., brembo, calliper, ec 250