Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 12-01-2008, 02:40 PM

Default much diference

hi all, newbie to the 2 stroke world here, as the title says would it make much difference to my ec250 if i was to exchange the top end for a 300, i bought the 250 as it was in my budget, and new one of the 2 other people who owned it before me, i use it for work in the week and then play on the weekends, work is only a 1 mile jaunt so that aint too bad, but it's when i get out onto the fire roads, that makes the difference,
any help would be appreciated,
thanks.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenutt View Post
hi all, newbie to the 2 stroke world here, as the title says would it make much difference to my ec250 if i was to exchange the top end for a 300, i bought the 250 as it was in my budget, and new one of the 2 other people who owned it before me, i use it for work in the week and then play on the weekends, work is only a 1 mile jaunt so that aint too bad, but it's when i get out onto the fire roads, that makes the difference,
any help would be appreciated,
thanks.
I don't think going to a 300 would make much difference on the fire roads. The 300 doesn't produce any more power it just has more torque lower down. If you want something that blitzes the fireroads I think you need a big thumper. Maybe the 300 would work for you if you raised the gearing? But I still think for high speed work 4 strokes are better.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancp5 View Post
I don't think going to a 300 would make much difference on the fire roads. The 300 doesn't produce any more power it just has more torque lower down. If you want something that blitzes the fireroads I think you need a big thumper. Maybe the 300 would work for you if you raised the gearing? But I still think for high speed work 4 strokes are better.
ok thanks, i was just wondering thats all, al the 4 strokes that i want at the moment are out of my price range, plus with a wedding coming up the missis wont be happy, or is she ever D
Old 12-02-2008, 11:27 PM

Default 250

isnt 80 fast enough i have 12 on the front sprocket thats what it goes
Old 12-03-2008, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101racing View Post
isnt 80 fast enough i have 12 on the front sprocket thats what it goes
whats on the back if 12's on the front,
Old 12-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I run a 12/50 and i think i top out at 65. But i mainly run at 20 so it's no big deal, was looking for more low.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I would have to somewhat agree that 4t are a little more siuted for open running. We hear in Idaho are blessed with both high desert and tight technical woods riding all with 1 hour of home. So i do have a 450 KTM for open desert riding with setup accordingly, and a 250 2t GG for my woods bike. I do prefer the ding dings and plan on replacing the 450 with a new 300 GG this next spring, I think the 300 should be ok with correct gearing for higher speeds. Will be more fun to ride at least!!!