Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > European Continent

European Continent France,Germany Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, etc.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:40 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Club race in Kongsberg, Norway

We did our annual club race on Sunday. It's just a couple of kilometers from my house, in the garden / fields around one of my club mate's house.
Not a lot of Gasgas bikes, just myself and one more. The other one is one of Norway's best junior trials riders, and he won the junior class.

We were approx 50 contenders ranging from 5 to 62 years in age.

The track is only approx one km long, but has it all in a very compact form; A wall to ride, several obstacles in the form of tires, logs, root etc, a high-speed field section, steep muddy hills, you name it.

We rode for an hour, and to me, that was really exhausting. I ended up quite close to the bottom of the list, as number 34 out of the 37 adults, and 6th out of 7 in the above 50 class. But hey, it's great fun among great friends.

Please take a look at all the pictures at
http://livredd.info/index.php?/category/193

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc

Old 10-04-2016, 05:51 AM

Thumbs up

Thanks for posting, Anders. Looks like a fun, family style event.

That high banked, board track turn took a lot of thought and work to complete.
All in all , it looks like a well thought out course.

RB
Old 10-04-2016, 07:49 AM

Yes, it was fun and surely family style
Our family had one rider (me) while my wife and daughter sold coffee, cakes, soft drinks etc. My sons were attending the track, repairing as needed while the event was going on. The grandkids ran around and everybody was having a good time.

Family style, but the level of the competitors is very good for a club race.

The winner of the race is Anders Becker Johansen aka "Beckern", Norway's best extreme enduro rider. He finished 3rd overall in the European extreme championship this year (and 2nd last year).
The owner of the house where it all happened, ?ystein Kj?rstad, finished 2nd overall. He is one of the best enduro riders in Norway, and a previous FMX pro.
The guy in the third place, P?l Anders Ullev?lseter, is a former Dakar racer, his best result was 2nd overall in 2010. He won the Africa Race this year.

Lots of spectators from the neighborhood, ages ranging from at least 75 down to babies.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc
Old 10-06-2016, 05:27 AM

The family comment was not meant to take away from the seriousness of the level of competition. The photos make it clear that whoever built the track has lots of experience. We had a famil mx track for years till they all grew up and moved on. I miss those years. RB