Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 09-04-2017, 11:16 PM

Question 02 ec 125, where are allll the partsss

Hey guys
Long time lurker first time poster, I'm in a bit of a pickle, I've bought myself a ec125, beautiful bike I bought it cheap, and I stripped it down and opened the motor to find a nice little surprise, first of note is pretty (censored) and the piston aswell and surprise surprise the crank needs a rebuild, howwwww fun. So I've got a couple question for you guys as I'm new to these bikes, first off:

Where do you guys find parts? I'm on the hunt for a crank with no luck at all it seems like there is none around

Also I split the cases, now I think it's right side case? Anyways case that holds the clutch in, there is a hole, I don't know if it's suppose to be there or this ones (censored), it's a hole next to the kick start shaft, going to the gears, is this normal? Supposedly the oil from the clutch case circulates through and lubricantes the gear aswell? I'm not sure, I'm hoping it's not damaged but this is the joy in motorbikes ey.

Also another thing what parts crossover? I heard the yz125 piston fits is there anything else that will fit?

Thanks guys for your help much appreciated

Last edited by gasgasman; 09-05-2017 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Watch your language

Old 09-05-2017, 03:14 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasgasec125 View Post
Where do you guys find parts? I'm on the hunt for a crank with no luck at all it seems like there is none around

Also I split the cases, now I think it's right side case? Anyways case that holds the clutch in, there is a hole, I don't know if it's suppose to be there or this ones fucked, it's a hole next to the kick start shaft, going to the gears, is this normal? Supposedly the oil from the clutch case circulates through and lubricantes the gear aswell? I'm not sure, I'm hoping it's not damaged but this is the joy in motorbikes ey.
First of all; Welcome to the forum!

Where to get parts are somewhat dependent on your location in the world. If you set up your account to show where you are, it's easier to help you
Motocrosscenter in Spain is a good place to start (at least if you are in Europe).
http://www.motocrosscenter.com/shop/...120112000.html

Regarding clutch and gear; yes, its the same oil that lubricates both cutch and gear so its completely normal to have the oil circulating between the gearbox and clutch housing.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc

Last edited by Anders; 09-05-2017 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Added a link
Old 09-05-2017, 06:45 AM

Otherwise try greenlandmx.com

The prices include 21% VAT which is removed if you are outside Europe.

AOMC have the complete cranks available. They seem to be out of stock at a lot of suppliers. http://www.ktm-parts.com/ME120112000.html
Old 09-05-2017, 07:14 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

The GG125 engines are very similar to the YZ125 and you can use the same connecting rod kit, power valves and pistons. I believe there is a window for oil transfer between the trans and clutch. If it broke there would be aluminum debris.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Using my magical powers I see that this person is in Australia...

jeff

Tags
crankcase, crankshaft, crossover, ec125, parts