Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 06-19-2019, 09:31 PM

I wouldnt be surprised to find some emissions requirement, and jetting them fatter will mean no nipping up until the owner does something non standard, voiding warranty.

Old 06-23-2019, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davehuge View Post
Why oh why is the GasGas factory still sending bikes off the production line with terrible jetting? With a needle that doesn't suit the engine.

As far as I know this has been going on for over a decade.

I'm a big fan of GasGas enduro bikes but I feel this is damaging their reputation.

OK, some people have the time/patience/money to buy and try different jets/needles and find help from online forums (like this fantastic forum ) but unfortunately some people just give up trying to jet their GasGas, sell the bike and buy another brand.

Thankfully, through this forum, I found the Suzuki NECW needle that suits my bike well and I'm really happy.

Would it be better to supply new bikes with a jetting kit, comprising of a range of pilots/mains/needles, encouraging owners to find the best setup? Or would this just be asking owners to seize their engines and then blame the factory?

What do you think?
We bought two identical 300 GP/18's. My mates run very well from day one, mine was burbling down low. We both set the float height a tad lower to stop gas spilling at moderate lean angles. We both changed the 172 main vs a 170. His run great with just minor AS adjustments. Mine didn't.

I installed a JD kit and I am happy since. His still runs great and he never touched the carb again, it consumes just a bit more gas than mine.

Found a NECW needle in my jet box but not sure if it could improve anything....