Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-03-2019, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser Nate View Post
No valves in my bike to bounce matey! I do like to commit to obstacles though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob 'Berg View Post
Wow, you have a lot more blow-by than my XC250 did after 90 hours on the piston. I had minimal between the rings and nothing below the bottom ring.

I am going to shorten my intervals to around 75 hours as the piston skirt was more worn than I would like.
Powervalve bouncing off the stopper!!

I let a 250 slug run to 110hrs once. Ring ends were max spec and signifiant blow by. I can feel the bottom end snap taper off from around 60hrs usually but don't have any hard starting issues or anything.. 75hrs I usually throw a new slug in it.

At the rate I'm (not) riding at the moment that will be in about 7 years!

Old 07-03-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodent View Post
I unwrapped some goodies(sadly from a dealer that I won't deal with again) for my '19
:
Care to share the dealer ID via PM?

Had great success with Bayside Gasgas, had a 30min chat with a guy there about 2018 update mods etc. I didn't even get my bike from there so I think that's pretty awesome customer service
Old 07-03-2019, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Powervalve bouncing off the stopper!!

I let a 250 slug run to 110hrs once. Ring ends were max spec and signifiant blow by. I can feel the bottom end snap taper off from around 60hrs usually but don't have any hard starting issues or anything.. 75hrs I usually throw a new slug in it.

At the rate I'm (not) riding at the moment that will be in about 7 years!
Yeah I could have stretched it out another 15 too, but 60 hours is easier to add up! There was enough chatter marks on the piston around the port to warrant the change. How many on yours now? Any changes suspension wise you have planned?
Old 07-06-2019, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gez View Post

Had great success with Bayside Gasgas, had a 30min chat with a guy there about 2018 update mods etc. I didn't even get my bike from there so I think that's pretty awesome customer service
Bayside are awesome!
Old 07-07-2019, 12:50 AM

Fitted an AXP bash plate, it's a piece of piss to fit

If you can't fit one of these without removing the pipe you should get your estrogen levels checked to see if it's spiked

Finished up most of the wiring on my trailer in time to go and pick up another Bandit on Thursday, then take the Gasgas out for it's maiden journey on Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gez View Post

Not really, they didn't do me an injustice, I just didn't like the way they conducted their business. Maybe it's me, maybe I have peculiar needs
Old 07-07-2019, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodent View Post
Fitted an AXP bash plate, it's a piece of piss to fit

If you can't fit one of these without removing the pipe you should get your estrogen levels checked to see if it's spiked
Agreed.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser Nate View Post
How many on yours now? Any changes suspension wise you have planned?
10 hours in 10 months! Suspension is hardly broken in. I don't even know what this bike feels like to ride. *shakes head*

Wedding is looming.. hopefully once thats passed priorities will shift back and allow a bit more seat time!
Old 07-09-2019, 07:29 AM

the largest meeting of pilots in the world, here in Brazil with more than 5000 pilots in a single track. 2019 World Record (translate by google)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6iOQIxxdUE
Old 07-10-2019, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
10 hours in 10 months! Suspension is hardly broken in. I don't even know what this bike feels like to ride. *shakes head*

Wedding is looming.. hopefully once thats passed priorities will shift back and allow a bit more seat time!
Well congrats on the upcoming wedding matey and commiserations on the lack of seat time! Took about 15 till mine was broken in I think. I?ll probably do oils front and rear soon for a looksie. Might even check the stacks so I can satisfy my curiosity!
Old 07-20-2019, 03:55 AM

Took my '19 EC300 out for the first time today

I put about 4 hours on it in all sorts of terrain and never really had any issues, as posted here and on other forums it does run fat as a pig........I killed a plug after a couple of hours of riding(mostly my fault from rolling it on to bed in rings).

Suspension is firmer than I'd like but I'll make adjustments before I go out again, suspension is very nice compared to my '79 DT400 though

Vibration.......it's not close to what I expected after reading feedback on the interwebs. It's vibrates slightly more than my old DT400, but it's not bad enough the numb hands or feet

Overall for me it's an easy bike to ride(I'm 55), maybe it's my riding style but my traps got a fair workout, enough so that I had to have a hot shower when I got home for some relief

In the next few days I'm going to do some interwebs legwork as to what I need to thin the fat fuel curve and get some new boots.....my old Gaerne's just aren't cutting it

Pic is atop Mt Moliagul in central Vic.