Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 09-17-2021, 10:20 PM

Default 2009 GG 450FSR idle settings

Is there a starting point with setting the idle on these bikes similar to 2t's where its seat the idle screw then a certain amount of turns out?

I just put a new fuel pump in when I switched back to the stock tank and the bike fired right up without issue. Went for a short ride and it ran great. Shut it down and it wouldn't fire back up. Let it sit and it fired up but RPM's seemed higher than usual so I started messing with the it and now I'm stuck. Bike keeps flooding upon start up now and won't fire. I put a new injector and micro filter in, made sure the battery was fully charged and still no start with smell of raw gas. The idle screw I believe is the culprit but I dont know where to start with it. Should I back it off the throttle body completely then adjust inward or vise versa? This isn't my first efi bike but its different than my last RMZ and CRF and I'm stumped

Old 09-18-2021, 03:17 AM

The 4 strokes were an absolute pain in the ass but the kokusan models were miles ahead of the early magneti marelli equipped ones.
The did have a setting but I have lost all my factory specs on them. The air bleed screws worked best around 1.5-2 turns out. If the throttle stop screw has not been played with DONT!
The idle is usually set quite high around 1800rpm.
When I was at the dealer we had the performance Gasgas map and the software to update it. Cost us a bomb from Gasgas and only worked on one dinosaur computer.
Did make them run a lot stronger and start easier. Also had the diagnostic capabilities as well.
Old 09-18-2021, 05:26 PM

I guess thats where I'm having the issues. Is there another adjustment besides the screw that under the throttle cable housing? With 2t's it was always turn all the way in then come out 1.5/2 turns and you should get the bike to fire up then you can fine tune. You mentioned an air bleed, is there one on the EFI?
Old 09-18-2021, 06:52 PM

Doesn't look like the 09 has the air bleed screw, just the idle/throttle stop screw for adjusting. I can't for the life of me figure out how much to adjust it. I guess I'll start with it just touching the throttle stop and keep adjusting in. Bike keeps flooding though since it's not firing up.
Old 09-19-2021, 06:06 AM

I was pretty sure they still had the air bleed screw. Bumping the idle up will not cure a flooding bike. Cure the symptoms first. Check for leaking injectors/faulty tps/temperature sensors etc.
Old 09-19-2021, 06:17 AM

What is the fuel pressure at?
Old 09-19-2021, 10:15 AM

Haven't tested actual fuel pressure. I swapped injectors a few times ( I have 4 spares) just to make sure. Wasnt having issues till I tried to mess with the idle then all hell has broke loose. I cleaned the air filter last night and need to re install and test. It was pretty oily/dirty. Spark is strong so hoping that maybe from riding it the air filter sucked some oil/dirt in and is not allowing enough air in to fire easily. I've read GG are sensitive to the idle setting.and can cause issues firing. I just can't find a baseline as to where to start ( # of turns out from all the way in, etc)
Old 09-19-2021, 09:54 PM

Also when was the last time valve clearances were checked?
Old 09-20-2021, 12:10 AM

They were done not long ago supposedly but thats also on my list now. Whatever is going on seems fuel related though whether it's the injector or the new pump. Have a new injector I'm going to try out and pull the pump and test.
Old 09-20-2021, 01:37 AM

Are those injectors rated at the same flow? You may have been inadvertently installed one with a higher flow rate.