Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz11 View Post
Thanks. You've opened pandora's box - i am going to pick your brain some more.

1. The carb - boot interface wasn't too bad. The only fitment issue i had was that the boot at the bottom of the carb only made it to about 1/2 the width of the flange on the end of the carb. I used my heat gun to stretch it a bit, and it was fine. I don't know if that will take a set (i am hoping) or i'll have to do it everytime. That boot is 19 years old (according to the manufacturing date), and it's pretty stiff.

2. I'd be happy to buy and install a new airbox boot. What I am missing is what I need to update. (I did drill the six holes in the transformattion kit - i had to because the back plate is where the threaded rod screws to secure the air filter - please see http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....5&b=5&Action=O

the 2011 boot shows holes in the fiche, but no fasteners passing through.

3. What i don't see is what i need to upgrade to the new (2011) airboot. Here's the parts diagram for the 2011: http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....&b=19&Action=O

I would be happy to buy part 1, part 2, ( i have part3, 5, 9, 10), part 11. what I am unsure about is into what does part 5 go? I didn't look too closely at my part 5, but i don't know how this works w/o seeing it.

The new style air filter is MUCH smaller than the old style air filter, so I am unsure against what the air filter face fits against in the new style airbox.

Any help/advice you can offer is solicited. having a fresh airbox boot would really make me happier - the old boot seems stiff and tired.

Thanks!

blitz
I suppose the stiff boot would cause issues. #5 is a pin used with the spring #9 & spring seat #10 that pushes against the inner rear fender and also the filter & cage to seal the filter against to the inner lip of the boot. What is needed is #1,2,3,4,5,9 & 10. The boot just fits into the front air box panel#14 with no hardware. # 11 are push pins for the lower lip of the side panels. The fiche shows holes in the boot but it doesn't have any, the GG fiche needs some work.
16' Specialized Fatboy trail
02' ZRX 1200r R.I.P.
72' Olds 500ci, Batten Heads, Street/Drag car, former CarCraft magazine centerfold (has-been)
15' TW200