Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:14 PM

This is cool someone localish with a GG. I don't think you will regret that deal at all. You know about SBR?

Old 03-26-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Sounds like you are hooked....was that funmachines bike?
Yes it is/was.

Quote:
I'd have to agree with roostafish
sounds pretty good to me.
Plus your getting a little cash on the side too right??
Ya it will give me just enough money to rebuild my Dale motor! So I'm sorta getting two bikes for one. Dale has about 300 hours on the engine and is now ready for a new crank and top end mods. Still runs pretty good though.

Quote:
This is cool someone localish with a GG. I don't think you will regret that deal at all. You know about SBR?
Ya i'm in Boulder Creek. I don't ever go in SBR. I prefer ADVrider and now this site

Anyone want to buy a Husky?
Old 03-27-2010, 08:37 PM

So....you bought funmachines EC200?
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 03-27-2010, 08:43 PM

Ya looks like I'm going to as soon as I sell the Husky. I will be posting it up for sale this week if a friend of mine doesnt buy it from me first.

Was this your bike before Funmachines bought it? The previous owner did a full engine rebuild and it sure runs good. I would like to know what the "squish" was set at and what exactly does "squish" mean? I'm assuming it has to do with compression.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:00 AM

Long story short....no it's not my old bike. That bike belong to a very good buddy of mine...really his wife. She used to have a KTM EXC200, until she rode my EC200, then HAD to have one. Her husband is an excellent wrench, fact is, he wrenchs on top dollar euro sports cars, anyway, he went through that bike from steering stem to rear wheel bearings. It has not been rode hard and put away wet! He is also a GasGas rider, EC300 is his weapon of choice. I am about 99% sure that the squish mod has not been done on that motor, she is 100% bone stock.

Did funmachine put the Ohlins forks on it? Last time I talked to him, that was his plan.

Anyway good luck.
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 03-30-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Long story short....no it's not my old bike. That bike belong to a very good buddy of mine...really his wife. She used to have a KTM EXC200, until she rode my EC200, then HAD to have one. Her husband is an excellent wrench, fact is, he wrenchs on top dollar euro sports cars, anyway, he went through that bike from steering stem to rear wheel bearings. It has not been rode hard and put away wet! He is also a GasGas rider, EC300 is his weapon of choice. I am about 99% sure that the squish mod has not been done on that motor, she is 100% bone stock.

Did funmachine put the Ohlins forks on it? Last time I talked to him, that was his plan.

Anyway good luck.
Well that sure is nice to hear! I did get to see the pic's of the engine being rebuilt.

Ya Funmachines put the full Cannondale front end on. Forks, Clamps, Brakes, Wheel all from a Dale. I have no idea if the fork clamp offset is different but it sure rides nice.

I went back to Hollister Hills today. It rained last night and made the soil ohh so nice! Tacky dirt and no dust! I'm starting to really understand the whole two stroke thing now. Coming from 450's its a big change. I just love the light weight of the Gasser. I got stuck half way up a couple of very steep rutted out hill climbs and was able to turn the bike around much quicker and with alot less effort that with the 450. I think I finally found some good settings on the suspension. Handles very good now. Still needs that Scotts Damper on the bars and some taller Pastrana bend Pro Tapers and it will be set!

I like motorcycles can you tell?
Old 03-31-2010, 07:25 AM

Very cool, I'm sure that the Ohlins forks are nice. Did funmachines get the rear shock sorted out? When he got the bike, the OEM stuff was shortend for short rider?

I am 5'11 and I find the cockpit just a tab small, but I ride standing most of the time. I have Hebo Fat Bars on mine and works out really well.

We'll need to hook up sometime, spring, and head up to Elkins Flat or someother place with some really nice singletrack.

Enjoy
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

Old 03-31-2010, 12:26 PM

Yes the rear shock is a new Ohlins with a nice stiff spring that matches the front end. How tall are the Hebo Fat Bars? I haven't looked in a while but the Pastrana Pro Tapers were the tallest bars available. I also stand most of the time and like very tall bars with tall risers. I'm thinking some lower and wider pegs would also be nice.

Anyone have a recomendation for some good tall bar risers? Rocky Mountain (I think) sells some for about 20 bucks but they are not al that tall. Maybe I will just machine some.

Elkins flat sounds like fun. I have never been there. I really like going to Forrest Hill outside of Auburn and also Stoneyford is a blast. I'm going to Gorman with a buddy next month for a 4 day trip. The surrounding National forrest supposedly has some great single track. I have never been there.

I like motorcycles can you tell?
Old 03-31-2010, 12:58 PM

I have NO idea on the raise of the bars, I ordered them from Go.Fasters and bolted them up! Nice bars though!

Well enjoy your self at Gorman, we'll hook up soon.

Enjoy your new bike.
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

Old 03-31-2010, 01:13 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

My best suggestion for bar risers would be to go with a BRP triple clamp for an under bar mount steering damper. Even if you don't run a damper, that gets the bars up in a reasonable spot. I'd then go with either the Ricky Charmichael high bend, or the MSR Freestyle bend.

I have the MSR freestyle bend right now and am very pleased. It's 121mm tall, which, if you do the math is a full inch taller than the old CR High bend. It's also 30.5" from the factory, so I don't have to cut it down.
Best of all, it comes in a kit with grips, grip donuts, and a nice bar pad for about $75.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs