Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:47 PM

My 2018 I just got about 2 weeks ago just sheared the flywheel key. I have been having trouble with the e start since I first got it and replaced the ignition cover and starter motor that was burned out. Today it felt like it was binding still and then poof it started no problem. Then when trying again the bike backfired and I heard a clunk and the bendix sounded like it was not actuating. I pulled off the ignition cover and noticed the flywheel felt loose and the flywheel bolt was finger tight and backed out a couple of turns. I pulled the bolt out and the flywheel slid off no problem and I noticed the key was sheared right off.

I heard someone get their flywheel replaced proactively as a recall previously, is that related to this? I am just going to order a new key but this is kind of lame.

Note: The bike is fairly new with only an estimated 20-25 hours on it.

Old 09-24-2019, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGM_OFFROAD View Post
My 2018 I just got about 2 weeks ago just sheared the flywheel key. I have been having trouble with the e start since I first got it and replaced the ignition cover and starter motor that was burned out. Today it felt like it was binding still and then poof it started no problem. Then when trying again the bike backfired and I heard a clunk and the bendix sounded like it was not actuating. I pulled off the ignition cover and noticed the flywheel felt loose and the flywheel bolt was finger tight and backed out a couple of turns. I pulled the bolt out and the flywheel slid off no problem and I noticed the key was sheared right off.

I heard someone get their flywheel replaced proactively as a recall previously, is that related to this? I am just going to order a new key but this is kind of lame.

Note: The bike is fairly new with only an estimated 20-25 hours on it.
It has been previously mentioned before that the early 2018s needed the flywheel bolt torque checked for this reason. Mine was drowned in loctite but it had set before being torqued all the way. If it is starting fine with that flywheel throw a new key in it and torque to spec with loctite.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser Nate View Post
It has been previously mentioned before that the early 2018s needed the flywheel bolt torque checked for this reason. Mine was drowned in loctite but it had set before being torqued all the way. If it is starting fine with that flywheel throw a new key in it and torque to spec with loctite.

Yes I was seeing that, I wish I saw that 2 days ago though.