Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 03-06-2012, 04:37 AM

Ive posted my forks and shock to chads off raod setups in Geelong after talking to some locals and chad him self. 2 days later he has called to say they are on the way back and questioned how i was able to ride the bike at all as the setting were all over the place front and back.
So maybe they arnt as bad as i think and the last owner realy messed up the clickers.
Im looking forward to riding it now.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo737 View Post
Suspension makes me laugh, two ways to do the same thing, though I would strongly suggest you do what synergy seals says as he's an actual expert and I'm an enthusiastic amateur.
Well....I am no expert...I do it for fun.....now you want to talk seals....that's a different story.
The sachs forks are very similar to wp but the engineering and design is terrible. They actually could really simplify the midvalve more and save on manufacturing costs.
The floating bushing is a great idea for possible binding issues but using that stupid nylon....yes nylon that swells with oil washer in the front of it makes no sense. I realize the top out spring sets against it but it is a terrible fit and the snap rings they chose are horrid to work with. Also behind the du bushing the bore is undersized at 13mmi id. I open it up to 14mm.
The damper rod should have been electro polished and then plated. Anodized aluminum and du bushings do not work with oil....period.

Simple changes to these forks would make a big difference

My two cents

Rob
Ride with confidence again!

Made in the USA
Old 08-18-2013, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisden View Post
Ive posted my forks and shock to chads off raod setups in Geelong after talking to some locals and chad him self. 2 days later he has called to say they are on the way back and questioned how i was able to ride the bike at all as the setting were all over the place front and back.
So maybe they arnt as bad as i think and the last owner realy messed up the clickers.
Im looking forward to riding it now.
Any update? How did they perform after Chad's work?