Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2010, 02:38 PM

Default NVIS isn't the only issue

Neil, as much as I'd love to see you on a GG, another thing to consider is insurance. Last time I got a sticker I purposely bought a 2 yr tag. (ending nov this year) Hopefully I'll be able to renew its blue plate, but I've since found another snag with insurance. I've been insured with various companies since I got my bike in 2006. You know that bike insurers have been folding like cheap lawn chairs here, the latest being Kingsway which I was with last year. Their policies moved to Jevco and my renewal came in at about 50% higher. So I started shopping around ... again. I've contacted a couple now but have got the same treatment. They list the bikes and models in their books, but .... when it comes time to giving them all the details, like VIN, they say the VIN is invalid and cannot insure it, even if it is currently insured and plated. (don't know about offroad only insurance as I don't want to change to an offroad only plate). I've tried to contact our infamous offroading/insurer here and left voice and emails but haven't heard a peep, leading me to believe there is more to this and is just another nail in the coffin for 'conversion' bikes. If theres anyone out there in Ontario that recently got theirs insured, I'd love to hear from you, and the company you are with. I've tried State Farm, Primmum and our car/house insurer so far without any luck. I was paying $400 a yr for basic coverage, but $600 is out of the question for something that sees minimal cottage road use at most.