Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 08-09-2011, 08:44 PM

I always preferred the G2 and a weight on a 2K-2 to the heavy 2K-3 to control the power.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:23 AM

I bought my bike which is a 03 250 used with a G2 throttle tube already on it. It had the 400 cam installed, it was nice in the extremly snotty stuff but you had to twist it too far coming out of corners or for wheelies to get some snap, I switched to the 200 cam and like it better its still easy to control in the snotty stuff but quicker responding elsewhere.
My bike is pretty mellow off the bottom yet lugs and doesnt stall easily its stupid easy to ride in the rough stuff, if I had a 300 or a snappy of the bottom 250 I would prefer the 400 cam. I tried a 300 one day with a stock throltte tube it was alot more sensitive to throttle input off the very bottom.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:53 PM

I just went the other route and ordered one of their quick throttles for my KTMs. Probably for the 200 but maybe it would be good on the 144 too.

I think the quicker throttle will be nice plus I have trouble with my hands going numb and having to move my wrist less might help. It's 10% faster. I sent them an email asking if the cams can be changed out to experiment. But like someone said they don't show fast cams for 2 strokes in their normal throttle.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by modifier View Post
I just went the other route and ordered one of their quick throttles for my KTMs. Probably for the 200 but maybe it would be good on the 144 too.

I think the quicker throttle will be nice plus I have trouble with my hands going numb and having to move my wrist less might help. It's 10% faster. I sent them an email asking if the cams can be changed out to experiment. But like someone said they don't show fast cams for 2 strokes in their normal throttle.
The throttle tube and cam system is the same. Cams offered (025 050 100 200 300 400) fastest to slowest with 100 being equivalent to stock. The 050 and 025 are larger cams than stock with faster and shorter total pull. They require the domino throttle housing to be modified due to their increased size. For this reason G2 sells a 2T quick pull throttle with the housing that they have machined.

I just bought one too. I think it'll be too much for me to hold onto but I'll try! I think the 025 is 20% faster. Wooop! Their website is a little confusing, but once I discussed it with them it all made sense.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:50 AM

Thanks for the info. Even after 2 emails from them last night I still didn't understand. Now it is clear. Not sure why they can't explain it that simply.

I was going to get extra cams but now that I think about it I'm not not really sure why I would want a less responsive throttle. I was riding in super slick mud the other day and had no problem controlling the throttle with a 1/4 turn. Maybe if it was really rocky, and slick?

If the Domino has a better feel to it than stock I might want a stock cam in case I don't like the quick.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:18 AM

I don't think the throttle is less responsive, I guess we're talking semantics here but it's just a lot more linear in my opinion. I don't feel at all like its less responsive. I had a riding buddy come off his 11 Nambo onto my 10 and really liked the way the throttle reacted in comparison to his and was considering buying one. I think you actually have to try the different cams before you understand what I'm trying to say with the responsive part. Just my 2 cents
Old 01-18-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambo-trev View Post
I don't think the throttle is less responsive, I guess we're talking semantics here but it's just a lot more linear in my opinion. I don't feel at all like its less responsive. I had a riding buddy come off his 11 Nambo onto my 10 and really liked the way the throttle reacted in comparison to his and was considering buying one. I think you actually have to try the different cams before you understand what I'm trying to say with the responsive part. Just my 2 cents
Which cam are you using?
Old 01-18-2013, 11:03 AM

I use the 200 cam
Old 01-18-2013, 12:45 PM

The real value to the G2 is when you run a light flywheel. The large 2K-3 is so big it slows response down anyway. The #200 is good, especially in very long tight sections where your on/off the throttle a lot, especially on a 300.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

Its my understanding that 100, 200, 300 and 400, don't change the total pull of the throttle. WOT is always the same place, and the cam profiles just vary the sensitivity from closed to 1/3rd throttle. Like Trev says, it wouldn't feel less responsive, just more controlled at smaller openings. G2 say 100 cam is stock. Label the 200-400 cams as control cams. And the 025 and 050 as quick pull cams.

With the larger quick pull cams there has to be increased response. With 20% less total pull on the throttle WOT is now almost where 3/4 throttle used to be, and everything in between equates to a smaller movement in the throttle. Sure this doesn't directly equate to increased engine response (depending on gear ratios, gear selection, jetting, engine load, etc) but in general the bike will feel much more response to the throttle. I think its the same with the control cams. It won't make the engine less responsive to throttle, it just makes the throttle action less touchy.

Now with a 2K2 ignition where the bike cracks to life hard and fast, and where most people want to add some fly wheel weight to tame the beast, having added control in the lower throttle openings for tech riding can only be seen as a good thing and I have to agree with Glen. With a 2K3 heavier ignition imo the bike is not nearly as lively.

I have a 2K3 on a 250 and I don't feel I need more control over the throttle, but would like to be able to hold it wide open without having to rerotate my grip on the throttle. The quick puller throttle will achieve this, but I question how much throttle control I will lose at this expense. It could be one step forwards and two backwards. Only time will tell.

Like everything on any bike, so much of it is related to the individual riders preference and what suits our skills and style, while keeping the smile on the dial.